Page 21 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

1,000 round torture test uploaded on youtube already

Fun fact: Glock switched their rail cut from "Universal/Glock" to "1913 Picatinny" spec. Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. Was comparing my Gen4 17 and Gen5 17 side by side and noticed that the rail cut on the Gen5 looked visibly wider. Tried my TLR-1/Glock mount and there is noticeable front to back play. Took the tan TLR-1/1913 mount off my P30 and sure enough, mounted right up and is rock solid.

*Gen 5 Glocks now use 1913 Picatinny rail accessories! Your Glock rail mount lights/lasers will be loose*

Attachment 19494

Attachment 19495
    Shoot more, post less...

Looking for some thoughts/answers here:

1) Can someone weigh (ozs) a loaded 15+1 G19? (With say either HST 147s or GD 124+ps)

2) Regarding what some have referred to as the G19 "cutout", what exactly is this feature? Does it tend to be more a problem for size M hands?

3) Again, G19: are there specific sku's for the two versions (I assume there are two versions?). And the difference between the versions is what, just the sights? Or does the night sight version come with say an additional magazine?

4) Up thread, I saw someone mention feed issues and downloading a mag by one. That surprised and disturbed me, as following Glocks out of interest, I'd not heard that. Does the G5 need to be downloaded for reliable feeding?

5) A comment I recall of previous Gen Glocks is the 10 round G19 mags do not cycle well, or perhaps not as well as they should. Has anyone tested a 10 round G5 mag? Or does anyone see any issues with 10 round mags?

6) Lastly, would Gen 5's need anything special in terms of tools to disassemble over precious versions, or can you still take them down to the component level with common tools?

Thanks a bunch. I am pondering (*) a G19 hard, but it would be 'all in' for me as both a carry and USPSA gun replacing my VP9 and EDC P30SK.

(* awaiting a SCD, naturally)

TLR1/1913 mount slipped right on my Gen 5 19 as well. Here's another pic comparing the rails and lights. Visibly obvious:

Attachment 19496
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    2) The "cutout" is the bottom/front portion of the grip/front strap seen here:
    Name:  IMG_0058.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  15.5 KB
    That sharp corner is a bitch on the 5th proximal phalanx of my shooting hand.

4) I've had no feed issues...in my whooping 50 rounds which included 1 whole magazine that was loaded to capacity. I did get a number of BTFs. More rounds will be fired once my kid's tranquilizer darts arrive.

6) I took down my G17 with an armor's tool.
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-30-2017 at 11:44 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

1) Can someone weigh (ozs) a loaded 15+1 G19? (With say either HST 147s or GD 124+ps)

2) Regarding what some have referred to as the G19 "cutout", what exactly is this feature? Does it tend to be more a problem for size M hands?

3) Again, G19: are there specific sku's for the two versions (I assume there are two versions?). And the difference between the versions is what, just the sights? Or does the night sight version come with say an additional magazine?

4) Up thread, I saw someone mention feed issues and downloading a mag by one. That surprised and disturbed me, as following Glocks out of interest, I'd not heard that. Does the G5 need to be downloaded for reliable feeding?

5) A comment I recall of previous Gen Glocks is the 10 round G19 mags do not cycle well, or perhaps not as well as they should. Has anyone tested a 10 round G5 mag? Or does anyone see any issues with 10 round mags?

6) Lastly, would Gen 5's need anything special in terms of tools to disassemble over precious versions, or can you still take them down to the component level with common tools?

Thanks a bunch. I am pondering (*) a G19 hard, but it would be 'all in' for me as both a carry and USPSA gun replacing my VP9 and EDC P30SK.

2) The G19 cutout is directly under my pinkie. I don't like it.

4) I'm over 800 rounds through my G17M. The only feed issue was a .40 mixed into the 9mm bulk at the range. Oddly enough, the 9mm pistol wouldn't feed the .40 cartridge... I've loaded my mags to capacity every time, and have used both the "new" mags and Gen 4 mags.

6) Second hand info, but no new tools needed.

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    1,000 round torture test uploaded on youtube already

Is it me, or does it look like brass is flying every which way coming out of that 19?

Rich- the cutout doesn't bother me at all. My pinkie rests right across it without an issue. Believe @GJM said it supposed to help rip a mag out but I could be misremembering. I've not had a feed issue with a Gen 5.
    I like it a lot better than the VP9- if you roll thru Texas on your way home, you are more than welcome to give mine a test run.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Stops just short of the slide. Isn't sharp...shouldn't cut you or your shirt if that's what you're asking. It's not near as sharp as some Trijicon HDs I've handled.
    The razor I use to shave with isn't as sharp as the Trijicon HDs on my 19 and 43.

#3 Both come with 3 magazines, only difference is sights
    Gen 5 G19 with plastic sights is PA1950203.
    Gen 5 G19 with night sights is PA1950703.

User Tag List