Page 207 of 346 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    I put my foot in the Gen 5 water today and ordered a G19.5 with the Ameriglo Bolds.
    If it's as good as my G19.4 I'll be happy. If it's better I'll really be happy.

I'll second that. The 5th Gen guns are really really good. While nothing revolutionary, they continue to refine the design.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    You make it look easy, nice shooting. Looks like a lot of fun stages to run through. That's what I expect myself to do and then when I go check my targets, misses all around. lol.
    Thanks, it was a super fun and challenging match. The stuff that looked easy wasn’t and the stuff that was hard was even harder. Great practice for qualifiers!
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I put my foot in the Gen 5 water today and ordered a G19.5 with the Ameriglo Bolds.
    Get ready to be really happy.

Were you able to specify thin or wide front sight? Or is that an option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Were you able to specify thin or wide front sight? Or is that an option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the Glock factory Bold is .140 w front. Orange outline.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Reposting this from the Ameriglo bold thread:

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Picked up and shot my G17.5 with Ameriglo Bold sights last night, shot smaller groups than what I could with my Gen 4 G19 from 15 yards in but about 4 inches low with 115gr S&B at 25 yards. Measured the sights this morning and they are .200 so I emailed Ameriglo who's sending me a .180 (Offered the .180 or .165) for $30 and said if it's still low to send it back to replace it with the .165. Love the trigger and the way it handled overall and will shoot it again after I replace the front sight.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Picked up and shot my G17.5 with Ameriglo Bold sights last night, shot smaller groups than what I could with my Gen 4 G19 from 15 yards in but about 4 inches low with 115gr S&B at 25 yards. Measured the sights this morning and they are .200 so I emailed Ameriglo who's sending me a .180 (Offered the .180 or .165) for $30 and said if it's still low to send it back to replace it with the .165. Love the trigger and the way it handled overall and will shoot it again after I replace the front sight.
    As I understand it those sights were regulated to POA/POI with 147gr bullets fro the feds. The 115gr will hit about 5 or 6 inches lower than 147gr at 25 yards, so at 15 yards what you are seeing is not unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Right now, Part #33797, the Gen5 extended slide stop can be ordered by a Glock Armorer directly from Glock.
    From past experience, the part might take 3+ weeks to arrive, if in stock.
    Accordingly, wait a few more months and the usual Glock parts suppliers will begin getting inventory.

I've not ordered from this company before, but they seem to get the new Glock part numbers entered into its website sooner than others, even if stock is not yet available, but so far, no extended Gen5 slide-stop:
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com
    I'm after the extended SS, but not having any luck find them. MGW show's out of stock, so I signed up for notification. Anyone have another lead on these?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I'm after the extended SS, but not having any luck find them. MGW show's out of stock, so I signed up for notification. Anyone have another lead on these?
    Did you try Brownell's or The Glock Store? I have had luck finding parts from oth.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Did you try Brownell's or The Glock Store? I have had luck finding parts from oth.
    I searched Brownell's/Midway previously, neither of them even list it. I just tried the Glock store, and they have the regular Gen 5 part, but not the extended. Thanks, I've not shopped The Glock Store before.

User Tag List