Page 201 of 346 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Here’s where the trigger stops with the shim in the barrel hood on the Gen 5. The pencil mark on the trigger guard is the reset point.

Here is the same shim in the 19 and the reset point. The trigger stops a little farther out. Gen 5 mags seems to work fine in the Gen 2.

Magwell comparison. This pic also highlights how much thicker the trigger guard is on the Gen 5

Not sure what that rust coloured filth is in the slide. It kinda looks and acts like dry lube.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 04-04-2018 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Clarification
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Here’s where the trigger stops with the shim in the barrel hood on the Gen 5. The pencil mark on the trigger guard is the reset point.

Here is the same shim in the 19 and the reset point. The trigger stops a little farther out. Gen 5 mags seems to work fine in the Gen 2.

Magwell comparison. This pic also highlights how much thicker the trigger guard is on the Gen 5

Not sure what that rust coloured filth is in the slide. It kinda looks and acts like dry lube.
    Looks like the copper anti seize Glock uses now. Both my gen 5 and g43 had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post

Yep. I leave it on for ~1,000 rounds or so before I wipe it off and lube as normal.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    Sold my Gen 5...sticking with my Gen 4's

Parts interchangeability, issue with the ambi slide stop causing tbe slide to lock back on a partially full mag, Ill stickwith the Gen 4's

Welp, my second SCD arrived so now I need to decide if I get a G26, another G19 or a 17.

I’m thinking since I still have the P30SK I’ll trade it towards a 26, and have a smaller EDC.

I’ve not looked at the 26 reviews much yet, but generally is the 26 Gen 5 gtg?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Welp, my second SCD arrived so now I need to decide if I get a G26, another G19 or a 17.

I’m thinking since I still have the P30SK I’ll trade it towards a 26, and have a smaller EDC.

Rich.. you know the SCD will fit the 19X.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Rich.. you know the SCD will fit the 19X.
    Get thee behind me Satan!

Yeah, eh I dunno. A G17 is like YUGE in my hand so the grip might not do me much good. Probably why I like my G19 so much, it’s...perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Our G5/26 works great, and I have heard no negative reports.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post

Glock used the copper anti-seize compound in the late '80s when my work received the first G17s we bought. It was made by Fel-Pro, Inc., an automotive product supplier.

I have a G5 17, 34, 19x, and a 19. (Thinking about doing a GJM grip chop to my 19)

I’ve had the the 17/19 for awhile and picked up the 34 a week and a half ago. I’ve been able to put 1050 rounds through the 34.

Personally, I greatly prefer the G5 over G3 & 4’s. I like the trigger better and the G5 34 tracks better than my G4.

Yesterday after a 400 round range session with the G5 34, I took out my old carry G4 17. I’ve gotten so accustomed to the rolling break of the 5’s the 4th Gen took a few rounds to get the feel again.

I came back to Glocks, with the Gen 5, after shooting DA/SA guns for about a year. The new trigger made the transition very easy.

User Tag List