Page 200 of 346 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    On the gen5s I'm using the factory installed Ameriglo Bolds or whatever they are called, the ones with the .140 wide front and square notch rear. So, whatever those heights are is what I have. I want to say the front is really tall, like .200 or something but I'm just not really sure.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-d...ngs-63731.html
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 09.15.26.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  19.8 KB

A caliper is the tool to measure the sight height. There are calipers which cost less or more. I just linked one example.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    On the gen5s I'm using the factory installed Ameriglo Bolds or whatever they are called, the ones with the .140 wide front and square notch rear. So, whatever those heights are is what I have. I want to say the front is really tall, like .200 or something but I'm just not really sure.
    Great, thank you!
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I was looking at Dawson’s web site and these are the sight heights listed for their Gen 5’s:

- Dawson Competition Black Fixed Rear .225 Tall x .125 Notch Width •

•Dawson Fiber Optic Front Sight .235 Tall x .105 Wide Ramped for Competition
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I was looking at Dawson’s web site and these are the sight heights listed for their Gen 5’s:

- Dawson Competition Black Fixed Rear .225 Tall x .125 Notch Width •

•Dawson Fiber Optic Front Sight .235 Tall x .105 Wide Ramped for Competition
    That's the set up I have and it's POA/POI at top of blade at 25 with 147's. I believe GJM mentioned elsewhere that a .225 front results similarly with 124's which would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Dawson supplies a .205 tall front sight for Glock 9mms, but the gen 5 gets a .235 tall front. That’s a pretty big difference. Wonder how much of a POI difference that makes?
    That difference (0.030") would be a change of:
    3.6" at 25 yards with a G34
    4.2" at 25 yards with a G17
    4.5" at 25 yards with a G19

Based on Ameriglo’s advice for replacing the 4.9mm front and 6.5mm rear stock polymer sights on my 26.5, I have a set of their GL-5433 Hacks on order. My polymer sights shot to POA, so I’ll report back on how these work out.

I received my Gen 5 last night and was able to put about 20 minutes of dry practice on it. Trigger on mine breaks right at 5lbs, which is a little concerning as this is to be a dedicated IPSC production rig. If the trigger improves with dry practice it may give me some grief in matches where they test the trigger for compliance. It's also a little odd in that it has a bit of slack before it hits any pressure, there is no stacking, then rolls through. It's not bad, just different than any Glock I have owned. Also, putting a piece of plastic between the ejection port and barrel hood doesn't give you the same spongy resetable trigger like other Glocks. It does do it somewhat, but the travel of the trigger is very short. I am going to have to test it to see if it's movement covers the full length of the reset. It may cause me problems if I train a bunch with it like that.

It barely fits in the Blade-Tech OWB holster. I backed the retention screws off to the limit. It seems the trigger guard is a smidge wider than my Gen 2, which rattles around in the same holster. I'll have to get the calipers out tonight to measure it for shizzles. I may need to bust out the dremel on the Blade-Tech.

I'm loving the magwell. The Gen 5 mags don't slide out of the gun as well as Gen 4's. Sights are nice despite being plastic. Mag release button is perfect. I installed the medium backstrap, and I love the texture.

So far so good, just hope I can shoot this thing straight!
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I received my Gen 5 last night and was able to put about 20 minutes of dry practice on it. Trigger on mine breaks right at 5lbs, which is a little concerning as this is to be a dedicated IPSC production rig. If the trigger improves with dry practice it may give me some grief in matches where they test the trigger for compliance. It's also a little odd in that it has a bit of slack before it hits any pressure, there is no stacking, then rolls through. It's not bad, just different than any Glock I have owned. Also, putting a piece of plastic between the ejection port and barrel hood doesn't give you the same spongy resetable trigger like other Glocks. It does do it somewhat, but the travel of the trigger is very short. I am going to have to test it to see if it's movement covers the full length of the reset. It may cause me problems if I train a bunch with it like that.
    That's how I dry fire and my gen5 34 and 19M's work identically to my gen4's with that trick. I think the gen4 glocks fit tighter in holsters than the earlier generations. I recall having trouble fitting a gen4 34 in a comptac before they updated their molds to accommodate for the slightly thicker frame. I've had no compatibility issues with holsters made for a gen4 fitting a gen5.

I’ve been living under a rock and have never heard of shimming for dryfire - off to research!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve been living under a rock and have never heard of shimming for dryfire - off to research!
    https://www.dillonprecision.com/docs..._glock_dry.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List