Page 2 of 346 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Dcowboyscr View Post
    Ok just looked at a gen-5 17/19 $599 each at Point Blank in Greenwood, Indiana. Very nice!!!!! After looking at both I'm actually leaning towards a G17. Reason being the cutout on the front strap of the magwell is more pronounced on the G19 plus it has a shorter grip therefore my pinky finger goes across it. I could see that being annoying in actual shooting and/or extended shooting sessions. Also, the trigger pull was really nice for a Glock.

This is likely going to be the consensus for a lot of folks on the 5th gen G19. Again this is the issues I had with the 2nd gen guns and will be an issue with the 5th gen. Some may not see this as a big deal, but after a bit of shooting, the cutout really starts to irritate my pinky. The cut out isn't an issue on the full sized guns, so I might get a 5th gen G17 to replace my old 2nd Gen 17 range gun, but the 5th Gen G19 is out for me.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 08-26-2017 at 07:54 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    This is likely going to be the consensus for a lot of folks on the 5th gen G19. Again this is the issues I had with the 2nd gen guns and will be an issue with the 5th gen. Some may not see this as a big deal, but after a bit of shooting, the cutout really starts to irritate my pinky. The cut out isn't an issue on the full sized guns, so I might get a 5th gen G17 to replace my old 2nd Gen 17 range gun, but the 5th Gen G19 is out for me.

TXPO
    Yes and wonder how the chopped 17 to 19 grips will turn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    The slide release DOES stick out farther, the material used is thicker. I didn't put calibers on it just eyeballed.

so....

my LE-only gun store has them in, but cannot sell them until the 30th.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Anyone know how much the Gen 5 guns with Ameriglo's will cost? Non LEO here. Just curious.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 08-26-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    Shoot more, post less...

Went to a local reveal with a buddy. Free pizza and pop at the range, dueling tree and pin shoot? Heck yeah! Definitely preferred the recoil of the G19. Positive reset, good trigger, like the magwell, ambi release and lack of finger groves. I know the groves are personal preference, really don't care myself, other than it is more similar to a P2000 or USP and therefore familiar. Brass ejection was very consistent, did not have or see any BTF. One young shooter had very poor recoil control, and still had very even ejection. I passed on my purchase, but my buddy couldn't resist and paid the $649. May get to shoot it some on Monday. Glock will sell a ton of them.
    Taking a break from social media.

Anyone know the blue label pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Anyone know the blue label pricing?
    $397 for plastic sights, $457 for Ameriglos ?

plus or minor $5-10
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    $397 for plastic sights, $457 for Ameriglos ?

plus or minor $5-10
    Damn, that's a good deal. Is that what we could expect for GSSF prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Do the Gen5 G19's have the smooth-faced trigger or the traditional G19 trigger? Ameriglo BOLD sights, BTF-free ejection, and a smooth-faced trigger make for my ideal G19. Of course swapping out triggers is just a 3 minute job, but it'd be great to buy a pistol just they way I like it.

User Tag List