Page 190 of 346 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks guys. I’m going to the Rangemaster Tactical Conference shortly, so I’ll shoot in the training block and matches, then reevaluate it after I get back. Maybe I should examine the surfaces of the trigger bar?

I’m not crazy about disassembling it to component parts, simple as it is to do with a Glock (but hey I have a YouTube account, right? [emoji14]). So I may just hose it out with Gun Scrubber or similar and keep shooting it.

Appreciate the info.
    I will bet there will be more than one person who could disassemble and reassemble your Glock at TacCon.

I'm going out on a limb here, but it feels pretty sturdy.

Another data point, my BGFxxxx 19.5 shows slight movement of the right side slide stop during dryfire. The trigger doesn't bind when depressing the slide stop during dryfire. The frame front isn't tapered and it has a low round count at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I will bet there will be more than one person who could disassemble and reassemble your Glock at TacCon.

I'm going out on a limb here, but it feels pretty sturdy.
    Without a doubt, SS, without a doubt.

It certainly feels shootable, and I’ll confirm at the Range next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by PSBT4117 View Post

...and it has a low round count at this point.
    Gotcha. That’s the thing, though; what seems associated with these reports is a ‘high’ round count.

For sure my 820 rounds is not ‘high’, but it is really weird that this seems to have started (for me at least) recently.

Quite what has changed, or built up, or bent, or misaligned, after this many rounds I have no idea. Except that is was very noticeable and very sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I need to do this. I put around 450 rounds through the G34.5 today and find that I am causing the slide to not lock open consistently unless I use the large backstrap. This isn't an issue on the 19M/19.5, but apparently there is enough of a difference in thickness on the gen5 slide release that my support hand grip holds it down. My grip is about the same as Vogel's and just as far forward on the gun, with the heal of my thumb digging into the frame right around where the slide release is. This hasn't been an issue for me on a gen4 34 with a medium backstrap with the flat/standard slide release, but has always happened with an extended slide release.

Outside of that, I am finding the 34.5 to be the most accurate Glock I own, and shot about a 1.1-1.2" group at 25 yds today off a rest with my reloads. The recoil is also significantly less than the gen4 34 and other 9mm Glocks I own. I do not notice a difference in recoil between the 19M/19.5 and the gen4 19. I was running some of my fastest and most consistent 25 yd bill drills today, at about a 2.7-2.8 second range with several clean runs and a the rest that had 1 or 2 close C's.

Edit: Can't get these to post in proper orientation from my phone. Here’s the 5 shot group at 25 yds. The taped group was my gen4 34 for reference. The sights were drifted slightly left on that one and had to be adjusted:
    Attachment 24260

Here’s two 5 shot group with factory Speer lawman 115 gr ammo. The taped group is the 34.5, the uncovered group is a 19M:
    Attachment 24261
    I prefer the G5/34 to my Gen 3 and 4 34 pistols. Prefer the recoil impulse, the magwell, and the accuracy. I may notice a tendency, when initially chambering, to get four shots at 25 tightly clustered under an inch with a fifth shot widening the group. Will keep looking for that. Trigger is acceptable, not as good as a shot in G3, but everything else is so good, the G5 package is overall superior to me. I shoot 300-600 rounds in a few hours in a typical practice session, and never noticed anything with the trigger, other than after a lot of rounds I don’t press it as well as the beginning of the session — of course this is between my ears not mechanical.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I should also point out that Charlie Vanek was discussing improving the pull on a competition gun, using an after market competition trigger, and not recommending people do this to pistols used defensively.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I purchased a G5 34 and 19 last week. Just got the sights in and went to the range today. After 500 or so rounds I’m very impressed to say the least. Very accurate and reliable, definitely the best Glocks I’ve seen in my sample of 2. Perfect, I mean perfect ejection with all brands of ammo I used including my mixed brass reloads and steelcase shit that I found in the bottom of the ammo locker. Both of the guns also pass the 1911 ejection test with several different kinds of ammo which is rare without an Apex HRE(I’ve owned numerous Gen 3s and 4s that would malf without the mag in). The 34 was shot with and without an x300 and the results were identical with/without the light. All and all I’m pretty giddy about the Gen 5s.

I did have to make some slight mods to my duty holster due to the extended slide stop on the 34. It took a heat gun and all of a few minutes to do.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    I purchased a G5 34 and 19 last week. Just got the sights in and went to the range today. After 500 or so rounds I’m very impressed to say the least. Very accurate and reliable, definitely the best Glocks I’ve seen in my sample of 2. Perfect, I mean perfect ejection with all brands of ammo I used including my mixed brass reloads and steelcase shit that I found in the bottom of the ammo locker. Both of the guns also pass the 1911 ejection test with several different kinds of ammo which is rare without an Apex HRE(I’ve owned numerous Gen 3s and 4s that would malf without the mag in). The 34 was shot with and without an x300 and the results were identical with/without the light. All and all I’m pretty giddy about the Gen 5s.

I did have to make some slight mods to my duty holster due to the extended slide stop on the 34. It took a heat gun and all of a few minutes to do.
    What did you end up with for sights?

Ameriglo Defoors. I use the Defoor front with the tritium very low in the sight. I know it’s not a popular sight but I’ve been running them for a few years now and I like the simple design and the fact that the tritium dot is out of my sight picture yet available if needed. Another reason I like AmeriGlo’s is they are very dimensional consistent and install well.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 03-06-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    Ameriglo Defoors. I use the Defoor front with the tritium very low in the sight. I know it’s not a popular sight but I’ve been running them for a few years now and I like the simple design and the fact that the tritium dot is out of my sight picture yet available if needed. Another reason I like AmeriGlo’s is they are very dimensional consistent and install well.
    Thanks! They are shooting POA for you? There’s been some discussion about Gen5 sight height.

User Tag List