Page 186 of 346 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Because he’s almost as stupid as I am for brown guns and the 19X is brown.
    What Tom said.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Question on the 17.5: Generally is it a bigger 19?

I’m a size M hand guy, and a 17 to me is likely more like a 34 feels to normal folks.

This is from the perspective of a dedicated USPSA Gun. Assuming I win the lottery, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

I’m a size M hand guy, and a 17 to me is likely more like a 34 feels to normal folks.

This is from the perspective of a dedicated USPSA Gun. Assuming I win the lottery, that is.
    Pretty much. The grip shape will hit your hand differently. It’s enough that it takes me a mag or two to adjust when going from a 19 to a 17 or vice versa. Not a big deal though.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Overall the G17 is bigger but the grip /trigger reach is slightly smaller / shorter on the G17 because the hump and placement of the hump is slightly different.

If you are going to the dark side with Glock, invest in a GSSF membership which will allow you to purchase at blue label pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    (snip) If you are going to the dark side with Glock, invest in a GSSF membership which will allow you to purchase at blue label pricing.
    This. Sign up for two years now and you’ll get a coupon as soon as your membership is processed, just a few weeks. Then you’ll automatically get a coupon at the one year point, and every year after that when you renew.

Overall the G17 is bigger but the grip /trigger reach is slightly smaller / shorter on the G17 because the hump and placement of the hump is slightly different.

If you are going to the dark side with Glock, invest in a GSSF membership which will allow you to purchase at blue label pricing.
    I joined GSSF last November. Already used the coupon on the 19.5.

Thanks for the info on the G17.5.

So true that while I shoot a 17 quite well (for me) and cannot run a 19 (or 26) to save my life. I have not experimented with a cut 17 yet.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    My new 19X. Purchased yesterday from GT Distributors in Austin. Thank you GT for blue label pricing. Put 200 rounds through today. Very impressed. This is the first gun in along time that I don't feel the urge to modify. Only two minor changes: 1). An SCD from Tom. Thank you, now I want to own Glocks again; 2). Painted front sight dot fluorescent green (Golden High Flow Acrylic & Spotter Pure Red Sable Brush) and rear sight dots black (Sharpie Fine Point). Consistently hitting small rectangle on PF Target at 10 yards. For me, a game changer. The G17 grip accomodates my grip style better than the G19. While the G19 slide works better for me AIWB.
    Name:  IMG_1666.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  57.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_1670.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  56.8 KB

Ranger Green! Lighting plays funny tricks.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I saw those at GTs when I was buying my Gen 5s. Very tempting...

User Tag List