Page 185 of 346 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Thanks for the confirmation!

Apart from @M2CattleCo, has anybody else had further issues with the trigger binding?

I haven’t had any issues in 295X rounds through my carry gun. I just started using a dedicated training gun and have not had issues in its 200 rounds. I’m still keeping an eye out just in case but if anything happens it will be with the training gun since the carry gun won’t be seeing many more rounds through it.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Got to the range today for the first time since last weekend. Installed a Gadget on my wife’s G5/26 and my 19X earlier this morning, and we shot both as a final functional check, and of course there were no issues. I really enjoy shooting the 19X, but I don’t like how much the full grip prints under a t shirt, and will have it chopped to 26 length ASAP.

Transitioned to my two primary DP Pro 34 models since I have a match Sunday. Had a pretty varied session, involving Garcia dots, various movement drills, and shoot one reload one drills on steel and paper. A few interesting things. Down below .55 draws, I was frequently getting a stove pipe. Likely some combination of me breaking the shot before being fully extended, and the AE 115 grain ammo being fairly low power factor. I absolutely love the big G5 magwell, and had two runs of draw shoot one at 7 yards, reload one, in 1.61 total, which is good for me. I had some mid 1.70’s runs of the same drill on eight inch steel at ten yards, with my draw to the steel in the low 60’s. Obviously all relaxed and warmed up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jkb4c View Post
    Apart from @M2CattleCo, has anybody else had further issues with the trigger binding?
    At the range today (north of Atlanta) with some high volume Glock shooters. There was a discussion in the group that there was an issue with some early G19.5 frames causing trigger binding and that Glock has addressed the issue with the "mold". Rumor, range discussion, 3rd hand, etc. but these shooters have strong ties in the industry.

Sounds plausible. Rebuilding the lower and swapping uppers didn't fix mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    At the range today (north of Atlanta) with some high volume Glock shooters. There was a discussion in the group that there was an issue with some early G19.5 frames causing trigger binding and that Glock has addressed the issue with the "mold". Rumor, range discussion, 3rd hand, etc. but these shooters have strong ties in the industry.
    I’ve seen that same comment about high round count trigger binding pop up on the Fab G19 group, today in fact. Guy apparently sold his.

Be interested to hear what Glock did (to the frame?) and what S/Ns are affected...

I went to Cabelas last night and walked by the gun counter, which was usually crowded. Inside the case was a G19-5 with Ameriglo sights...$699.99! I had to do a double take considering I bought a G17-5 with the same sights elsewhere for $533ish. What a ripoff.

I have the 7TS with room for a WML. No issues with holster fit for the G5.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 03-04-2018 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Got to the range today for the first time since last weekend. Installed a Gadget on my wife’s G5/26 and my 19X earlier this morning, and we shot both as a final functional check, and of course there were no issues. I really enjoy shooting the 19X, but I don’t like how much the full grip prints under a t shirt, and will have it chopped to 26 length ASAP.

Transitioned to my two primary DP Pro 34 models since I have a match Sunday. Had a pretty varied session, involving Garcia dots, various movement drills, and shoot one reload one drills on steel and paper. A few interesting things. Down below .55 draws, I was frequently getting a stove pipe. Likely some combination of me breaking the shot before being fully extended, and the AE 115 grain ammo being fairly low power factor. I absolutely love the big G5 magwell, and had two runs of draw shoot one at 7 yards, reload one, in 1.61 total, which is good for me. I had some mid 1.70’s runs of the same drill on eight inch steel at ten yards, with my draw to the steel in the low 60’s. Obviously all relaxed and warmed up.
    Okay, curiosity is getting the better of me and I have to ask. Why cut down the 19X? Why not just cut down a Gen 5 19 or a beater 19 that you have laying around? 19X's seem awfully expensive to start cutting on.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    My 17 frame bows in a little around the slide release on the right side. This causes some additional friction between the slide release and trigger bar that just perceptible if a run the trigger slow. I could see that if the frame was bowed to much it would cause trigger bind.

User Tag List