Page 183 of 346 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    GJM, what is this "Gabe test" and where can I find the instructions for it. Also, very fine shooting sir.
    The test description, as well as performance pins awarded so far, are all listed here: http://www.gabewhitetraining.com/performance-awards/
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Dry fired a Gen 5 19 and 17 at my LGS the other day... not really as mind blowing as I was expecting. I actually prefer the trigger on my Gen 4s... definitely didn't love the front strap cutout on the G19. Felt way weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Dry fired a Gen 5 19 and 17 at my LGS the other day... not really as mind blowing as I was expecting. I actually prefer the trigger on my Gen 4s... definitely didn't love the front strap cutout on the G19. Felt way weird.
    Buy two each and they will grow on you.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Definitely worked for me in the case of the twin 19.5's.

Still looking forward to a torture test involving a couple thousand rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Just for "science", try out a 19X as soon as you have the opportunity. IMO a better trigger across all six 19X that I handled. And with my trigger scale, 5.5 lbs vs 6.5.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    that's what I'm afraid of !

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Just for "science", try out a 19X as soon as you have the opportunity. IMO a better trigger across all six 19X that I handled. And with my trigger scale, 5.5 lbs vs 6.5.
    Here in CO the 19X is rare air, thank to the 15rd mag cap...
    Last edited by Nephrology; 02-27-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Seems like more people like the trigger on the 19x than other gen 5 guns. What did glock do differently on the 19x??

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHeat View Post
    Seems like more people like the trigger on the 19x than other gen 5 guns. What did glock do differently on the 19x??
    I cannot SEE anything.

I also have not checked part numbers - but I HIGHLY doubt it would be a different part.

I've no clue.

But... the perceived differences are minor and it may simply be variability; some Gen5 pistol triggers may be just like that of some 19X pistols.

I'll say this, too. I only notice the very, very slight differences when I'm dry firing. When shooting I'm not aware of it. It's then another Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the 19X had the DLC coated internals that appeared on the 'M' guns?

I imagine the 19X and the 'M' guns have a better out-of-the-box trigger than the average GEN5 due to the coating, but I wonder if the difference remains as apparent after the standard trigger parts wear in (or after a light polish).
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List