Page 182 of 346 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

@GJM

Excellent shooting, sir. Makes those Turbo time standards look easy.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    @GJM you’re killing it. I would love to know the specifics of your grip because we have very similar builds but your ability to control recoil is light years ahead of mine. When you shoot the G19X, it doesn’t appear to lift at all. My magazine through one looked like a snubby loaded with magnum ammo by comparison.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    Post some video, and let’s look. My grip has been evolving over the last ten plus years, and I am not even sure at this point what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    @GJM

Excellent shooting, sir. Makes those Turbo time standards look easy.
    Everything is easier on your own range.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Post some video, and let’s look. My grip has been evolving over the last ten plus years, and I am not even sure at this point what it is
    This is the only recent video I have of myself shooting. It’s Ken Hackathorn’s Tri-Presidente (3 rounds each target with a surprise reload then one round each head). The video starts after I had already turned and drawn. Shot with a G19-5 so it’s still on topic.
    http://youtu.be/nwVkbKBtqAM

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 02-25-2018 at 08:54 PM. Reason: I don’t know how to rotate the video.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Are the Gen 4 FBI extended magazine releases comparable with the Gen 5 guns?

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    Are the Gen 4 FBI extended magazine releases comparable with the Gen 5 guns?

Yes

GJM, what is this "Gabe test" and where can I find the instructions for it. Also, very fine shooting sir.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    This is the only recent video I have of myself shooting. It’s Ken Hackathorn’s Tri-Presidente (3 rounds each target with a surprise reload then one round each head). The video starts after I had already turned and drawn. Shot with a G19-5 so it’s still on topic.
    http://youtu.be/nwVkbKBtqAM

–————————————————
    I was helped by getting my support side elbow pointing more outbound than downward. This really improved my support hand leverage on the gun. The strong side somewhat too but not full Sevigny. Most prominently the support side. It made such a difference that I have virtually lost my signature bloody Glock bite which I took such perverse pride in.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    GJM, what is this "Gabe test" and where can I find the instructions for it. Also, very fine shooting sir.
    Someone will have a link, but:

2 head (4 inch circle area) in 2.0

2 body, 1 head in 1.70 (same head, USPSA A or eight inch circle)

6 body, 2.0

4 body, 2 head, 2.6

Each test repeated twice, 4/8 to Turbo. Add.25 for concealed.

@Mr_White

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I was helped by getting my support side elbow pointing more outbound than downward. This really improved my support hand leverage on the gun. The strong side somewhat too but not full Sevigny. Most prominently the support side. It made such a difference that I have virtually lost my signature bloody Glock bite which I took such perverse pride in.
    Dan, keep messing with your grip until you find what works for you. There is no one solution. Maybe trying digging the balls of your feet in to weight slightly more forward. You are lightly built, like me, and leverage can be important compared to other body types.

GJM

At what distance do you shoot the Gabe test?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    GJM

At what distance do you shoot the Gabe test?
    Not Gabe, but I believe they are at 7 yards:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post504949

User Tag List