Page 176 of 346 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Rich,

I really believe every Glock is unique enough to never be surprised where they shoot. This is likely compounded by the different sight heights for the Gen 5.
    Yessir, and in case it wasn’t clear, this was for ‘my’ experience with ‘my Glock’, only.

In October, I shot @MSparks909’s Ameriglo equipped G19 pretty high, but I think he said it shoots to POA for him. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

In October, I shot @MSparks909’s Ameriglo equipped G19 pretty high, but I think he said it shoots to POA for him. Weird.
    I believe that's normal. With my G19 (.245" tall HD's and 147gr ammo) I do a 6 o'clock hold. My buddy shoots my gun and has to cut the bull in half. That's at 25 yards.

Just another couple data points for Gen 5 sights.

I have 3 gen 5 Glocks at this point. One 19 and two 17s. The 19 shoots POA/POI at 25 yards to the top of the front sight with 115 gr lawman, 124 +p gold dots, and 147 gr HST. That is with regular Defoor sights, .165" front.

I've only shot one of my 17s, the other one I just got and haven't been able to get to the range yet. The 17 I've shot hits the same as the 19 with 115 gr lawman and 124 +p gold dots, but is about 3 inches high with 147 gr HST. That's with the same Defoor sights at 25 yards. Kind of annoys me because I have a lot more 147 HSTs on hand than 124 +p Gold Dots, but whatever.

I also just got an RMR. I'm going to red dot at least one of these pistols, haven't decided which one yet. I really like the 17s more, but the 19 does conceal easier.

My theory on this is that the gen 5 and the gen 3/4 shoot the same. I think Glock changed the sight heights to accommodate the new sight picture that the new sights have. With gen 5 Glock sights you can finally have a legitimate shoot the dot sight picture with the stock sights while actually seeing the whole dot vs. It being bisected by the rear sight when the top of the front sight is lined up with the top of the rear.

The reason sight manufactures list the new sights as gen 5 is that if you only by one of them it won't work. A gen5 front won't work with a gen3/4 rear or a gen 3/4 front won't work with a gen 5 rear, etc. They have to be used in the same pairs. In other words, as long as you use both a gen3/4 front and rear, it will work on a gen 5 gun.

This is just a theory though. Buy with caution.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yessir, and in case it wasn’t clear, this was for ‘my’ experience with ‘my Glock’, only.

I think each individuals eyes reacts to pistol sights differently. @Rich_Jenkins needed a 6 o’clock hold and I used a drive the dot with my G19.

My Wilson Brig Tac shoots drive the dot for me and my buddy had to split the bull. Find the sights that work for *your* eyes and *your* preferred sight picture. Might take swapping them around some but it’s worth it in the end.
    Shoot more, post less...

FWIW, I received this reply when I inquired with Trijicon Technical Support recently about Glock Gen 5 sights:

"Good afternoon and thank you for your inquiry. I was just at the Las Vegas Shot Show and spoke to Glock along with my product manager who oversees iron sights and they assured us nothing is different on the Gen 5 models when it comes to height of sights or cut dimensions."

I have no first hand experience with sights on Gen 5s as of yet, but plan on installing HDs on a G17.5 in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    FWIW, I received this reply when I inquired with Trijicon Technical Support recently about Glock Gen 5 sights:

"Good afternoon and thank you for your inquiry. I was just at the Las Vegas Shot Show and spoke to Glock along with my product manager who oversees iron sights and they assured us nothing is different on the Gen 5 models when it comes to height of sights or cut dimensions."

I have no first hand experience with sights on Gen 5s as of yet, but plan on installing HDs on a G17.5 in the near future.
    Thanks for posting this - I was planning on ordering the Gen5-specific Ameriglo Hacks, but I think I’ll try a set of regular (read “more available and cheaper”) ones.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thanks for posting this - I was planning on ordering the Gen5-specific Ameriglo Hacks, but I think I’ll try a set of regular (read “more available and cheaper”) ones.
    Thanks for posting this.

I have a 19.5 with the older Meprolights, and 147 HST is printing a bit high compared to other 147 grain loads.

It is however, spot on with everything else.

Maybe this question isn’t specifically Gen 5 related, but I’m not sure it needs its own thread, but:

I’ve seen several what I consider credible members assert that the FBI ‘gun’ if you will was designed around, or at least tested with Federal 147 HST.

The take away from these conversations is that, unless you use Fed 147, you will end up with a shift in POI. Say for example 124+p; Speer Gold Dots specifically.

Is there a way to explain why this is true? Does certain ammo exhibit a different trajectory in a Gen 5, or is it just the ammo?

Maybe this question isn’t specifically Gen 5 related, but I’m not sure it needs its own thread, but:

I’ve seen several what I consider credible members assert that the FBI ‘gun’ if you will was designed around, or at least tested with Federal 147 HST.

The take away from these conversations is that, unless you use Fed 147, you will end up with a shift in POI. Say for example 124+p; Speer Gold Dots specifically.

Is there a way to explain why this is true? Does certain ammo exhibit a different trajectory in a Gen 5, or is it just the ammo?
    I can't comment on the round (if any) the Gen5 was designed around, or the underlying reasons for what we see happening. Early this morning I just got done shooting some 147gr HST and 124gr + P Gold Dot out of my Gen5 G17 with factory-installed Ameriglo Bold sights though...

I didn't notice any significant POA/POI difference between those two loads. They both amounted to drive-the-dot at 25 yards for me. I have previously noted pretty significant POA/POI changes between those two loads out of my lightly-tuned Gen3 G34s, however (147gr HST hitting several inches higher than 124gr + P Gold Dot at 25 yards.)
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List