Page 174 of 346 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I haven't noticed any difference concealment wise over my Gen3 with the Gen5, carries great in my Raven Morrigan, Raven phantom, or crossbreed supertuck. I'll always keep my trusty Gen3 but will only buy Gen5's from here out, as close to "perfection" as they have come so far. I'd love a Gen5 G34 for plinking/ HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I continue to mull over flipping several of my old glocks for Gen 5s... thoughts?
    Maybe just get one which is the same model as one you have now and shoot them together for awhile. I found I did not shoot my 19-5 near how I shot my RTF2 G19 (KKM barrel) nor this Gen 4 G19 with minus connector. But my 19-5 had a pound heavier trigger than the Gen 4 with a minus connector; 6.5 vs 5.5.

281 on the FBI Modified Bullseye is solid for me but exceptional for me with a G19. I couldn't get close to that with my 19-5. I'm thinking in addition to my trigger preferences, maybe I just like finger grooves.

YMMV

Attachment 23774
    Last edited by JHC; 02-13-2018 at 07:56 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Maybe just get one which is the same model as one you have now and shoot them together for awhile. I found I did not shoot my 19-5 near how I shot my RTF2 G19 (KKM barrel) nor this Gen 4 G19 with minus connector. But my 19-5 had a pound heavier trigger than the Gen 4 with a minus connector; 6.5 vs 5.5.

281 on the FBI Modified Bullseye is solid for me but exceptional for me with a G19. I couldn't get close to that with my 19-5. I'm thinking in addition to my trigger preferences, maybe I just like finger grooves.

YMMV
    I’m enough of a trigger snob that a lb more matters to me. I like my Glock triggers to feel like a 3rd or 4th gen with a “-“ connector. It “seems” that many here find the 5th gens somewhat “smoother” but heavier......

I continue to mull over flipping several of my old glocks for Gen 5s... thoughts?
    That’s what I did. I sold a well used Gen 3 that I bought new a few years ago. I paid $500 (I keep the receipts with the gun box) out the door for it when it was new. The Gen 5 with the Ameriglo sights sticker was $510, which i was able to get down to $500 and with tax was $533 or $535 and some change out the door.

I haven’t shot it yet but in dry-fire the Gen 5 feels like a better trigger. We will see how that all translates once I hit the range.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 02-13-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Hammertime
    Being a Glockophile, I am certain I will go all in eventually with Gen 5s. But not yet. I want the design to settle for a couple years and I don't find anything lacking in what I already have. I have been lightly burned before by changes to other models I got into early.

I'm loving my 17.5s, and think that Glock has made significant improvements on the legacy design. I'm all in on the 5s.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

No

I have the opinion that one should rarely sell a reliable, well functioning Glock. I would keep your most trusted Glock(s) and add a gen 5.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    No

I have the opinion that one should rarely sell a reliable, well functioning Glock. I would keep your most trusted Glock(s) and add a gen 5.
    Agreed. If the pistol has already been tested and verified that it is a perfectly functioning gun, then why sell it and buy a new one almost exactly like it to start the process all over again? You’re losing money on the pistol itself, the time and money spent on the ammo shot through it already, as well as any upgrades you’ve made to it.

Personally I’ve found that selling a gun that I don’t need to sell has come back to bite me more times than it’s ultimately helped me. I make far more cautious purchases now than I used to and when I get the itch to buy a new shiny I find going and shooting what I have usually quells that itch.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’m enough of a trigger snob that a lb more matters to me. I like my Glock triggers to feel like a 3rd or 4th gen with a “-“ connector. It “seems” that many here find the 5th gens somewhat “smoother” but heavier......
    I put Glock OEM - connectors in my Gen 5 G26/G19/G19X/G17 Glocks and they work great for me.

My Gen5 26 passed 1K rounds today. Nothing to report really. It runs fine, but is definitely not as easy to shoot as a 19 for me.

The sights are dead-on at 25 with 124. I managed a few 5 shot groups that I could cover with my hand, but I did have more groups with fliers than I do when shooting a 19 or 43. Up close from the holster it's easy to run fast but I do know that I have to be more diligent with the front sight or I will throw shots with this pistol out past ten feet or so. I haven't done any extreme close range with it yet, but I don't see it being much different than the 19 in that regard.

The pistol is easy to carry and I like to use it AIWB in a JM with pad and IWB carrier with a 17 round reload.

User Tag List