Page 169 of 346 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Interesting. I hadn't tried yet as I don't use the holster, but you are correct my Gen5 will not properly work in my Eidelon. That makes it the only Glock holster I have currently that it does not work in.
    Interesting indeed. With the exception of pinching on the right side ambi slide release a bit, mine works fine. My Gen5 will not insert in my Keeper due to the same right side ambi slide release, where the Eidolon just slips over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Looks like sime gen 5 parts are hitting the shelves.

https://www.ndzperformance.com/glock...ts-s/18125.htm

I browsed this site and see they are listing Ameriglo’s as gen 1-5. That doesn’t seem correct from reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I browsed this site and see they are listing Ameriglo’s as gen 1-5. That doesn’t seem correct from reading this thread.
    Based on Ameriglo’s email response and the catalog pics shown above, I agree.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They used to sell them separately - last I heard they are now. Glock exclusive.
    Check with a blue label dealer. When I bought my GSSF 19.5, my dealer didn't have any in stock with the Bold sights. He had the sights packed separately though and offered to push them on for me. Total cost was supposedly the same as with factory installed bold sight. Pistol, front sight, and rear sight were separate lines on the receipt if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I asked my local blue label dealer to order me a second G19-5 with the Ameriglo sights. We’ll see what comes in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Check with a blue label dealer. When I bought my GSSF 19.5, my dealer didn't have any in stock with the Bold sights. He had the sights packed separately though and offered to push them on for me. Total cost was supposedly the same as with factory installed bold sight. Pistol, front sight, and rear sight were separate lines on the receipt if I remember correctly.

Glock charges a $90 upcharge for the Bold sights for Gen 5 guns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Glock charges a $90 upcharge for the Bold sights for Gen 5 guns.
    Sounds right. Tax pushed the total purchase cost to just over $500. Question is whether or not a blue label dealer would upgrade a red label gun. I actually took my sites home and pushed them on myself. I could have put them on any Glock.

So I went ahead and tweaked my Eidolon to better fit the Gen 5 19, just cause. Included a pic of the RCS Perun, and circled is the channel they put in to accommodate Gen 5's. All I did with my Eidolon is heat the area up with a hairdryer and push it out while holding down the area around it. The right side ambi slide release now makes zero contact with the Eidolon.

It was impossible to get my iPhone to focus on that area without the gun in the holster and with current lighting, so these are the best pics I could get. I processed them a lot in Snapseed just to make it easier to see. My Eidolon is not the ambi model like the photo of the Perun, so I didn't have too much to push out.

Perun...
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 11.14.17 AM.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  26.7 KB

My modded Eidolon...

Last edited by StraitR; 02-03-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Hmm, maybe I should take my HD XRs off and get something gen 5 specific?

The 19M has a extended Slide Stop Lever anyone know if it's available for purchase?

User Tag List