Page 166 of 346 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I cannot locate "AmerigloFactoryDirect" on eBay... I'll call Ameriglo tomorrow as I need a few pairs of GL-947 sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I've very much been liking the Amerigo Bolds with the fat (.140) front and square notch rear.
    That’s interesting to hear coming from someone who’s been running Dawson Chargers for a while. What, particularly are you digging about them?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I have a G26.5 on order. Just to confirm, I should be OK with my usual Ameriglo GL-433 Hackathorn sights, right? Glock didn’t change the sight dovetail or front hole for the Gen5s?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    Hmm I had thought the ones I handled were U-notched. I purchased a set from Brownell’s and they were Us. I’d prefer the square myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The FBI sights are U notch. Commercially Ameriglo calls them the “Agent” or “Fed Contract” Sights.

The same sights with the square notch which are availible direct from Glock are known as the”Bold” sights.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    That’s interesting to hear coming from someone who’s been running Dawson Chargers for a while. What, particularly are you digging about them?

After doing a bunch of work with black sights, then black with FO front (which is basically black in the indoor range), I have wanted to take what I've learned and the habits I've formed and try one of the newer, high-visibility night sights like HDs, Hacks, etc., and these Ameriglos fit the bill. The thicker dimensions aren't bothering me and the orange front is much more visible in mid-level lighting conditions like indoors. I do find myself backsliding on visual discipline and aiming with a target focus more. So I'm trying to make sure I don't devolve on that front (or maybe it is time to practice some target focused shooting - whole other discussion.)
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    After doing a bunch of work with black sights, then black with FO front (which is basically black in the indoor range), I have wanted to take what I've learned and the habits I've formed and try one of the newer, high-visibility night sights like HDs, Hacks, etc., and these Ameriglos fit the bill. The thicker dimensions aren't bothering me and the orange front is much more visible in mid-level lighting conditions like indoors. I do find myself backsliding on visual discipline and aiming with a target focus more. So I'm trying to make sure I don't devolve on that front (or maybe it is time to practice some target focused shooting - whole other discussion.)
    That’s such odd timing. I literally just picked up G19.4 #2 and set it up exactly like #1 with the exception of throwing the set of Defoor sights that I had doing nothing on it. I’m planning on getting a set of those Birchwood Casey sight touch up paint pens and throwing down a base layer of white and then topping off with a layer of fluorescent red on the front sight. Specifically was going to do that as I’d been working with flat black Defoors for a while in the past and then just about a year now with a black rear/FO front, almost all indoor shooting.

It’ll be an interesting experiment for sure as I break this new G19 in.

/thread drift

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have a G26.5 on order. Just to confirm, I should be OK with my usual Ameriglo GL-433 Hackathorn sights, right? Glock didn’t change the sight dovetail or front hole for the Gen5s?
    I’m glad I asked Ameriglo - Gen5 needs a GL-5433 Hackathorn set.

I’m glad I asked Ameriglo - Gen5 needs a GL-5433 Hackathorn set.
    What’s the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    What’s the difference?
    I have the question out to Ameriglo and will update here once I know.

I have the question out to Ameriglo and will update here once I know.
    Dawson said sight heights changed because of how the barrel locks up. They sell specific gen 5 sights. But I put HD XRs on a gen 5 and had no issues.

User Tag List