Page 164 of 346 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Curious to see how the new Magpul 10rd G19 mags are working in gen 4 or 5 G19s.

We are doing some T&E on three G17 G5, had them out at the range yesterday. I only put a few magazines through one. The team is currently issued G4 G22's. Everyone was losing their minds over how much easier 9mm was to shoot. I think it skewed a few perceptions of the G5, but I would prefer we went to 9mm anyway so I just kept my mouth shut.

I shot circles around my G4 with aftermarket sights, a KKM barrel, "-" connector and .25 trigger job, and a slight trigger guard undercut. The G5 came with aftermarket sights installed, I don't know which model they were. They had am orange outline tritium FR that was a bit fat IMO, and a blacked out serrated rear notch, not the U-notch. If I was issued that gun today, i don't think I would do anything to it other than a connector swap, a grip insert/plug (if those are made), and some 21 rd Magpul mags if they work. I was surprised at how much I liked the G5.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Curious to see how the new Magpul 10rd G19 mags are working in gen 4 or 5 G19s.
    They run, I've got 2 and gave been problem free so far.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by babypanther View Post
    We are doing some T&E on three G17 G5, had them out at the range yesterday. I only put a few magazines through one. The team is currently issued G4 G22's. Everyone was losing their minds over how much easier 9mm was to shoot. I think it skewed a few perceptions of the G5, but I would prefer we went to 9mm anyway so I just kept my mouth shut.

I shot circles around my G4 with aftermarket sights, a KKM barrel, "-" connector and .25 trigger job, and a slight trigger guard undercut. The G5 came with aftermarket sights installed, I don't know which model they were. They had am orange outline tritium FR that was a bit fat IMO, and a blacked out serrated rear notch, not the U-notch. If I was issued that gun today, i don't think I would do anything to it other than a connector swap, a grip insert/plug (if those are made), and some 21 rd Magpul mags if they work. I was surprised at how much I liked the G5.
    Those sights sound like the AmeriGlo Bold sights that Glock bought the rights too. They’re now a factory available option on the Gen5 guns. The grip plugs for Gen4 glocks work on the Gen5. My favorite is the Glockmeister one because the transition from the plug to the magwell is perfectly smooth without a step but it precludes use of the backstraps if you prefer to use those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I can't remember if I have the Pearce plug or the Glockmeister one in my G19 G4. Either way, thank you for the pointers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by babypanther View Post

Magpul mags are not bad range mags but not really suitable for duty use.

They work well clean with brass /nickel case ammo but they have less internal space and are less tolerant of dirt, gunk, etc than factory mags.
    Last edited by HCM; 02-01-2018 at 01:07 PM.

G17.5 has arrived. Trigger has a nice roll to it. But I hate the trijicon hds on top. That may have to go sooner then later... bought it used nib. Definitely has not been fired but the owner had these installed when it was new. Excited to see how it will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed a Ameriglo Front Sight paired with a Dawson Steel Black Rear. Both at stock heights, so far as I know.

Wow, that orange dot is BRIGHT. Need to get to the range.

AmeriGlo Front Pro Glo, Orange https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0097A9TII?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic_RT View Post
    No issues found then?
    None on the Gen 5 G17 in my one range trip.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Magpul mags are not bad range mags but not really suitable for duty use.

They work well clean with brass /nickel case ammo but they have less internal space and are less tolerant of dirt, gunk, etc than factory mags.

This has been my finding as well. My 21s will not reliably feed HST.

User Tag List