Page 163 of 346 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

MY new 19.5 i bought last week has 400 rounds through it and the plating on the striker safety plunger is flaking off. Glock said send it back to them or contact a glock armorer and they would fix it. I found the part and it was only 4 bucks so i bought it.
    Last edited by OkieHeat; 01-31-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHeat View Post
    MY new 19.5 i bought last week has 400 rounds through it and the plating on the striker safety plunger is flaking off. Glock said send it back to them or contact a glock armorer and they would fix it. I found the part and it was only 4 bucks so i bought it.
    I wish that there was a readily available source of DLC coated trigger bars, connectors and striker blocks for the Generation 5 guns.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

So with Dawson having their perfect impact policy, does it still hold up with the gen 5 series? For instance i have an older set of chargers from a gen 4 17. If i put those on a gen 5 17 should i still expect the same general consistency in POA/POI (knowing that all handguns are different from factory), or will they just be way the hell off?
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic_RT View Post
    So with Dawson having their perfect impact policy, does it still hold up with the gen 5 series? For instance i have an older set of chargers from a gen 4 17. If i put those on a gen 5 17 should i still expect the same general consistency in POA/POI (knowing that all handguns are different from factory), or will they just be way the hell off?
    I have the Gen 4 Dawsons on a Gen 5 Glock with 2 more sets on order. My early Gen 5 G17 came with the same rear sight as my Gen 4 Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I have the Gen 4 Dawsons on a Gen 5 Glock with 2 more sets on order. My early Gen 5 G17 came with the same rear sight as my Gen 4 Glocks.
    No issues found then?
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

I have Gen 4 Competition sights on one 17.5. No issues with POA POI. I don’t know if this would hold true for all Glocks though.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I wish that there was a readily available source of DLC coated trigger bars, connectors and striker blocks for the Generation 5 guns.

Yeah i wish Glock would do that, they could do it pennies-on-the-dollar but I know it will probably wouldn't help them sell any more guns. I bought this gun knowing that some of the triggers plating was flaking off. But I know eventually they'll get it worked out and I'll have a great gun gun.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Not sure if this was covered in this thread yet but the most recent Gen 5 Glock 19 pistols I have seen have a frame that is beveled to match the profile of the slide at the front end. I have not seen a Glock 17 Gen 5 with the same but I assume it is an inline change that is one the way.

I just thought I would give another data point, I picked up a 17.5 bold from my LGS yesterday and the frame is now beveled to match the slide. The trigger is better than what I'm used to on a new glock, it has more of a roll with a bit of a wall. The rear sight is ever so slightly off center to the right. I'll shoot it and adjust if needed.

On a related note, they had one 19X that someone had already bought, but I got to play with it for a minute while he was waiting on his paperwork and it had by far the best trigger I've ever felt on a glock. Nice smooth roll, little to no wall. All together, a nice package and it probably would have come home with me had it not been purchased already.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post

That’s coming in the soon to be released “Gen 5 Pro Series”.

I haven't seen any flaking in my G19-5's trigger parts but my round count has basically stagnated at 2300. I'll shoot it in a pistol class this month so that should bring the round count up by another 1000 or so. Hopefully everything stays fine with it because it's a great handgun and I'm about to pick up a second one shortly.

User Tag List