Page 162 of 346 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    While these days I mostly carry my G19, I agree that the G26 with (in my case) the 12 round Magpul magazine prints less than my G19.

But since I can draw the G19 from AIWB better than the G26, (even with the extended mag), I am generally saving the 26 for times when clothing dictates the smaller gun...or...travel to other locales where magazine capacity is restricted.

That said, I love both guns and would not want to have to choose one over the other as each fills many niches.
    Well said! This is the same relationship that I have with the 19 and the 26. The AIWB carriage of gadget equipped 19s and 26s is really comfortable. My times with both guns about the same with a correctly (for me) adjusted holster. The Magoul 12 round mag makes a difference with split times but not so much the draw time. But...lately I've been playing with the 43 carried with the Taran +2 plates on the mags. Gadgets for the 43 and the 19.5 have been ordered thanks to the awesome pre-order sale offered by Tau Development. The mags are proving to be reliable with a variety of shooters, shooting speeds and ammo. I might prove to be a better "little" and 10 round state gun. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Hi Rich, I got to comment on this for a moment... and I'm not in any was targeting you.

Most people choose the sub-compact G26 and G27 for their enhanced concealability (real or perceived)... as an example, detectives and P/C officers in my department. But invariably, they add +2 extensions and the sort onto their pistols, now making them G19 length in the grip area. And invariably, they carry the pistol that was 24/7. For goodness sakes, most don't carry a spare magazine, let alone know where it (they) are. Unless you (or they) are looking for a "G26X" why not just go with the G19...?
    I just saw a plainclothes guy on my department yesterday carrying his G27 in the issued concealment holster and couldn't help but notice how weird it looked with the magazine grip extension/sleeve he had on it. I swear, it was the length of a G17! He said he prefers the "smaller" GLOCK since it conceals better.
    Rambling over....
    No worries.

The G26 is (possibly) for my wife. I’m shopping for her. She’s considering a VP9SK as well. She’s pretty familiar with our P30SK, but since I acquired a G19.5, she wants ‘her’ pistol to shoot and possibly carry. The G19 form factor is too large for her, hence looking at subcompact options (which in her hand size, are more like compacts to male hands). A G26.5 has obvious commonality advantages, option of a SCD, and she can probably learn to shoot it well.

But it’s kinda up to her.

Last edited by M2CattleCo; 01-27-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Great picture. I should have said while carrying 3-4 oclock the difference in the back of the grip is big. Aiwb I imagine not so much.

I also agree if carrying owb g19>g26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    And there you have it. Off duty I am OWB at 3:00 about 95% of the time, and a G26 w/ +2 is simply easier to dress around than a G19. Slide length is a factor, too, as the untucked t-shirt needs to be 1/2" longer for the 19.

For me, G26 w/+2 is the most practical upper limit of an OWB t-shirt gun. The G19 can work, too, but needs a baggier/bulkier shirt.
    Last edited by Joe Mac; 01-27-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    And there you have it. Off duty I am OWB at 3:00 about 95% of the time, and a G26 w/ +2 is simply easier to dress around than a G19. Slide length is a factor, too, as the untucked t-shirt needs to be 1/2" longer for the 19.

For me, G26 w/+2 is the most practical upper limit of an OWB t-shirt gun. The G19 can work, too, but needs a baggier/bulkier shirt.
    What holster do you run? Is it a high ride? Planning on a g26.5. Never really thought about the slide length helping owb. I have always iwb.

Site Supporter
    Checked out a G26.5 today at the LGS. The trigger was awesome.

They had a G34.5 and 19x both also had good triggers.

Speaking of triggers, my 19 is kind of weird. During dry fire I have the usual take up. Then I hit like a pre wall. It’s like it gets hung up a bit or something. And then I have my usual wall and it breaks. Can’t say I notice it during live fire but I’ll have to check. I looked at a 19x a couple days ago and yea awesome trigger. Not sure if I want one but I do want to get a gen 5 17 and 26.

I have Trijicon HD XRs on my 19 and not sure if I’m crazy about them. May just get the factory night sight versions for the other models.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Speaking of triggers, my 19 is kind of weird. During dry fire I have the usual take up. Then I hit like a pre wall. It’s like it gets hung up a bit or something. And then I have my usual wall and it breaks. Can’t say I notice it during live fire but I’ll have to check. I looked at a 19x a couple days ago and yea awesome trigger. Not sure if I want one but I do want to get a gen 5 17 and 26.

I have Trijicon HD XRs on my 19 and not sure if I’m crazy about them. May just get the factory night sight versions for the other models.
    I have a Gen3 34 that feels the same, I isolated it down to the striker assembly but shot it fine so didn't really get hung up over it. Something binds or drags in that assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    What holster do you run? Is it a high ride? Planning on a g26.5. Never really thought about the slide length helping owb. I have always iwb.

Nah, holsters that ride very high don't suit my body type. My favorite among currently available holsters is the JMCK OWB #2 – I have three of these, for G17/G19/G26. Very comfortable and tucks the pistol in nicely, two traits that aren't often found in the same holster, for me.

User Tag List