Page 160 of 346 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Are the frame parts different in anyway from the G17.5? Dot connector? Extended controls (mag release and/or slide stop)? Just curious as a different connector and extended controls were standard features on earlier G34s.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I picked up the new G5 34 today. Didn’t have time to mount the DP Pro, smooth the edge inside the magwell, switch the mag release or install the grip plug. The trigger was a very good carry trigger out of the box. I did switch the 5.5 striker spring for a 5.0. My wife and I shot it intermittently during our practice today. It shot well, ejected the PMC 115 we were using nicely, and was generally pleasant to shoot, or at least as pleasant as could be expected with the OEM plastic sights. Comparing it to my shot in G4 34 MOS with Vanek trigger and 5.0 striker spring, it scales a pound heavier in trigger pull weight. I need to get the dot on and do some more comparing, but I may try a Vanek G5 trigger as this is a CO pistol, and a pound is a pound. For carry, I would use the trigger stock out of the box.
    GJM, how do you care for the feel and recoil impulse more now that there is a little more weight up front, (or is it negligible)? In addition how do you like this generation in comparison to previous? I look forward to your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by wtturn View Post
    This is what a little birdie from Smyrna told me.
    I was told that Gen 5 guns were only going to be 9mm because of the two-pin design. Who knows though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    GJM, how do you care for the feel and recoil impulse more now that there is a little more weight up front, (or is it negligible)? In addition how do you like this generation in comparison to previous? I look forward to your thoughts.
    I’m also curious about this. It seems the Gen 3 was smoother and the Gen 4 seemed to disrupt the sights more slamming back into battery. I had a Gen 4 and didn’t care for it as much as the 3, though I liked texture and smaller grip better. I suppose I *should* have kept it and put a Gen 3 style recoil spring and adapter in it. I got rid of it hoping I would pick up a Gen 5. I’m not so sure about buying an MOS gun, though.

Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    I was told that Gen 5 guns were only going to be 9mm because of the two-pin design. Who knows though.

Plenty of evidence of two pin .40 GEN5 pistols.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-26-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Plenty of evidence of one pin .40 GEN5 pistols.

I hadn’t seen that, teach me to listen to gun shop and distributors. Thanks for sharing.

Plenty of evidence of two pin .40 GEN5 pistols.
    Interesting, since the .40 cal 2 pin design didn’t work out well the 1st time. Wonder what’s different this time? I get the parts difference but have a hard time seeing where that makes a 2 pin design now good to go for .40.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Interesting, since the .40 cal 2 pin design didn’t work out well the 1st time. Wonder what’s different this time? I get the parts difference but have a hard time seeing where that makes a 2 pin design now good to go for .40.
    My guess is that it's at least partially to do with the recoil spring. You've now got a purpose designed 40 spring as opposed to a 9mm spring that wasn't changed as regularly as we accept now.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Are the frame parts different in anyway from the G17.5? Dot connector? Extended controls (mag release and/or slide stop)? Just curious as a different connector and extended controls were standard features on earlier G34s.
    The 34 came with minus connector, extended ambi slide stop, and small OEM mag release (which I switched with slightly extended FBI OEM part).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Can’t tell yet. Have now installed the DP Pro, and of course the trigger seems worse, since the dot magnifies imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    I’m also curious about this. It seems the Gen 3 was smoother and the Gen 4 seemed to disrupt the sights more slamming back into battery. I had a Gen 4 and didn’t care for it as much as the 3, though I liked texture and smaller grip better. I suppose I *should* have kept it and put a Gen 3 style recoil spring and adapter in it. I got rid of it hoping I would pick up a Gen 5. I’m not so sure about buying an MOS gun, though.

I have gone back to the OEM RSA as I value reliability over bits of smoother cycling, as I was having light hits in my G4 34 MOS with a reduced recoil spring and 140mm magazines. I really am mostly focused on trigger, and my Gen 4 is enough better, I “gave” the G5 34 to my wife to put some thousands of rounds through it for me, to break it in. Will also order a Vanek trigger to try. Until that happens, I will be shooting my G4 in matches.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I got to the range with my Gen5 26 today. It ran perfect, no funky ejection or anything. I didn't shoot it well like I thought I would. I had fliers trying to slow fire for accuracy, but pairs, failures, transitions, all seemed very close to the 19 I usually shoot. I didn't have a shot timer. The stock sights are drive the dot at 25 with 147 HST.
    I probably missed it, but A) what sights did you get on yours? And, B) did you notice that the Gen5 26 has an unusually stiff recoil spring? The 26 is probably the G that I am most familiar with, and I got to fondle a Gen 5 today at my LGS. Racking the slide was way stiffer than any other G26 I have shot. Not a deal killer, but doing a redundant safety check when the sales guy handed it to me was a surprise right off the bat. Just curious. Also, do you feel like the texture on the 26's abbreviated grip gives you enough control? I appreciate any thoughts in advance. I was all hot to trot to grab another 26 with the announcement of the gen 5, but now I'm not as sure that I need one after checking it out.

User Tag List