Page 151 of 346 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Does anyone know if the orange followers work in older mags?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    IIRC, there was some discussion about this a while ago and the conclusion was that the followers are the same, just orange. Don’t quote me on that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    They're just #6 followers. They'll work in any mag that can take #4 or newer followers. Anything older than that will use 9mm3 followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Craw View Post
    Do the FBI 19/17s come with the .140 or .120 width front blade?
    If you order the ones on sale from Brownells, (here: https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod113320.aspx) they are still on sale but there is no choice as to which front sight. I ordered 4 pairs, 2 for the 43/42 and two for the 19/17. The 43/42 set was .125" wide and .190 tall, 19/17 set front was .140" wide and .200" tall. If you want the.125" wide front for the 19/17 (not sure about height) you'll need to order off the Ameriglo ebay web store. Don't make the mistake of ordering sights of the wrong height, when I spoke to the CS rep he wasn't exactly keen on wanting to swap the front sights for the correct height. I don't know if he is going to once I get the measurements over to him so we will see.

Lastly if you are looking to drop these on a 19 I would look at the shorter front sight probably .180" height maybe more or less depending on where your preferred POA/POI and carry ammo is. I didn't have a lot of time yesterday but when I ran 147gr HST's after dropping the sights on they were crazy low @ 25 yards. Some of it could have been me as I am used to a much tighter picture than these sights provide maybe lighting but the group was a solid 5-6" which is what I can do normally @ 25 the group was about 6-7" low while, "driving the dot." I believe @GMJ has specifically stated that he has normally needed much shorter front sight on his 9mm Glocks maybe he can give you a better idea of where to start height wise so you can get as close as you want to be off the bat.

I am unsure of what is required on the G5 pistols. My wife got a G5 17 and 19 with the factory Ameriglo slights and they regulate well. I got a G5 17 and 19, with plastic sights. On the 19, I tried the Ameriglo Glock sights, and it shot substantially low, as reported above. I ended up with “standard” Glock Trijicon HD sights on, and they seem to regulate well. This seems conflicting, hence my confusion.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

On the Dawson website, they show a .235 front sight for the G5 vs a .205 front (same height rear) for previous Gen Glock pistols, so they believe the G5 requires a taller front.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

@GJM That’s really interesting. I’ll have to remeasure the plastic sights that came on my 19. I think the rears were 6.1mm with a .165 front. I recall the 17 had about a .200 front. I remember looking at the plastic sights on the 17.5 and thinking they were much taller that previous models but do not remember thinking the same about the 19.5.

The AmeriGlo rep told me that they put the Glock specified factory height on the guns and in the boxes for off the shelf. It’s crazy because the factory sights were drive the dot if I recall correctly at 25 for the 19. I might just need to put them back on or check the math since I still have them lying around.

Sorry if I misquoted you @GJM. I could have sworn at some point you had stated something about needed shorter sights to bring up POI.
    Last edited by Mike C; 01-13-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Reference sights, from my range session 10/5/17 Shooting s friend’s G19.5 with ‘FBI’ sights with varied ammo from 147HST to FM115:

“Total noob here but I shot a G19G5 the other day with the Ameriglo sights and it was shooting really low (6"-12" at 15 yds ish) for me. That was with a 'shoot the dot' hold.”

This kind of makes me hesitate to buy a set.

The Warrent Tactical Set I was gifted seem spot on on the Pistol I purchased (G19.5) but I’m not sure of the front sight height.

The factory Ameriglo’s on both my 19 & 17 are drive the dot
    Shoot more, post less...

IMO it is folly to try and predict Glock POI across the model. I will see how they print with the factory sights then adjust sight sets/options from there.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List