Page 121 of 346 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

(Finally) Shot my G19.5 with Defoor Steel Sights. I was on a quiet lane and was able to use my timer for The Test strings.

I brought, but forgot to install, the larger backstraps. It seems to shoot fine without, so I’m going to leave it set up as a S Size Grip (I have M hands for a guy).

I Shot 134 mixed rounds of various Speer GD124+p, AE124, Champion 115, PMC 115, and Lawman 115.

No malfunctions. No BTF I was aware of. Brass piled behind me on the weak side. Trigger seemed fine. Smooth even. Recoil seemed unremarkable.

Gun was accurate, providing I did my job. Surprisingly accurate. A 2X on a B8 at 25 yards is pretty good for me.

With my current sights, it seems to shoot “cover the dot” sight picture, with all the ammo I shot. I guess I’ll keep doing that. I could not see the orange color I’d painted the front sight. It appeared black in the light I was in. There was a nice amount of light side to side though, so whatever the width to notch ratio it is, it seems to work for me. I’ll be interested to compare it to cardboard at my next USPSA match (planned 12/5).

Scored targets were: FYL at 5 yards: 7/10 (did that twice). 25 yd slow fire: 44-2X. USPSA Metric Target Head Box 15cmx15cm at 10 yards: 10/10 in the Box.

I finished with “The Test” with a score of 79-2X.

So far so good. I yanked many shots, and I knew they were misses. Going to work some one round dry press drills in future.

Need a Gadget and order my EDC holster, but I think for me this pistol is gtg.
    Last edited by RJ; 11-28-2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Werds r hard

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    Wish you could get spare trigger return springs, can't find in the Glock ordering list
    I'm curious as to why you would want or need one.

The two highest wear parts in previous generations were the trigger springs, firing pin and firing pin safeties (engagement area). Those points of failure no longer exist in Gen5 (and G42/G43).

I've seen Gen4 and Gen5 RSA's last and continue to function well beyond what most average shooters are likely to ever reach in round count. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't replace the RSA now and then.

So, other than an RSA the only part I would carry in my kit would be an spare slide lock spring. Mainly because people launch and lose them all the time.

How does one order a slide lock spring? Or slide lock with the spring?

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    How does one order a slide lock spring? Or slide lock with the spring?
    If you're a Glock armorer you can order just about every Gen5 part. Non armorers would have to go to an outside source. https://us.glock.com/customer-service/downloadable-materials part number 39567
    Last edited by PensFan; 11-28-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    For some reason I expected your personal gun to have super elaborate frame work done.

Honestly I find the 5th Gen works well for me in it factory configuration, of course I do undercut the trigger guards, and the one pictured will go under the knife this weekend. Other than that, the things are GTG as they sit. Glock keeps creeping closer and closer to putting me out of business. If they ever decide to loose the hump, I suspect there will be a ton of used Glocks on the market. I know some folks aren't to happy with the 5th gens and love their 3 and 4's but, the 5th are a step in the right direction. A lot of people din't like the 4th Gens when they came out, me included, but I came around after the new designed parts were vetted. I have three 5th gens, well two now, just sold one, and my duty 19.5 has been put through the ringer. After 3500 rounds without a malfunction, or much of a cleaning, I retired my modified 4th Gen's and have been carrying the 5's. The USA one I just picked up will take the place of the backup 19.5 I just sold. I just wanted one that said USA on it.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 11-28-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Site Supporter
    I tried out a Gen 5 17 just today.

Does want. The mag well is badass, the slide lock doesn't need an extended one and the stock trigger is pretty good. Just with the standard dovetail protectors, I turned in similar groups as my G34 with Warren tactical sights and a WC drop in barrel.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    The two highest wear parts in pother than an RSA the only part I would carry in my kit would be an spare slide lock spring. Mainly because people launch and lose them all the time.
    I think I found a place and ordered every spring in the gun minus FPB for $30. Now let's see what comes in the mail.

I’m liking mine but the trigger seems to be getting worse. There is a sort of light binding during the squeeze that seems to be getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I’m liking mine but the trigger seems to be getting worse. There is a sort of light binding during the squeeze that seems to be getting worse.
    My 43 started doing that around 4100-4200 rounds until it would not fully reset.

If these 19s and 43s end up like that, I'll be sick. I sold off a great fleet of 9mm 239s and 226s to go Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    My 43 started doing that around 4100-4200 rounds until it would not fully reset.

If these 19s and 43s end up like that, I'll be sick. I sold off a great fleet of 9mm 239s and 226s to go Glock.
    So not a huge antidote to add but a guy was at my hometown gun store and was discussing that same issue with his 43. Can you let me know when you find out what it was?

User Tag List