Page 116 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Another 200 rounds of 147 AE through.

One more 1911 ejection test, this time a full 18 rounds fired no mag. One stovepipe, two ejected down magwell, one ejected into my forehead, and the other 14 ejected normally.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    Is there any good practice for "barrel break-in" on a new Glock?
    No barrel break in is only a thing in the long range precision rifle world an even there it is divisive.

Basically some barrel makers recommend a break in procedure and some don't. Those that don't, claim barrels which require a break in procudure are not fully lapped / finished - basically saying those barrel makers who recommend breaking periods are trying to get the customer to do their job by final finishing the bore via a kabuki dance break in procedure.

None of which has any application to pistols, service rifles or hunting rifles, just shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is the ALS a 6360? I wonder how the new 7ts models would work.
    The light bearing holster is a 6377. Non light bearing is a 6378

Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    Another 200 rounds of 147 AE through.

One more 1911 ejection test, this time a full 18 rounds fired no mag. One stovepipe, two ejected down magwell, one ejected into my forehead, and the other 14 ejected normally.
    Damn. Mine was way worse than that. Over half of the casings went into the magwell or stovepiped. Tried the non-LCI SLB and it didn't change anything. I ordered an HRED but won't be able to test it out until my slide gets back from jagerwerks.

Im not trying to be a Dick here. But why does the 1911 ejection test always come up, when we are not talking about 1911s? The design is completely different. I guess I fail to see how it truly carries over? I have seen these tests on guns with thousands of rounds through them. With perfect function through every one. They have failed the test though. So therefore were shit? Yet they function correctly in the environment they were designed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Im not trying to be a Dick here. But why does the 1911 ejection test always come up, when we are not talking about 1911s? The design is completely different. I guess I fail to see how it truly carries over? I have seen these tests on guns with thousands of rounds through them. With perfect function through every one. They have failed the test though. So therefore were shit? Yet they function correctly in the environment they were designed to.

I know I know. It's gotten ingrained here though and I sort of enjoy it now.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm just testing ejection in the worst possible scenario because I'm scared of brass eating away at my RMR

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    I'm just testing ejection in the worst possible scenario because I'm scared of brass eating away at my RMR
    You get your slide sent out yet?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    The nice thing about modern double column mags is that they seem more effective at using the mag to help eject the round or just don't have the issue that 1911s have. Namely that the last round can be dragged into the magazine and destroy it in addition to death jamming your gun.

I have never seen that occur with a Glock, in spite of the fact that the extractor has very slight tension.

As for concerns about your RMR glass...I guess I'd probably be worried about consistent extraction as well so it doesn't chip the sight. But at that point, the 10-8 test probably isn't the best diagnostic. Video of extraction and ejection with the mag in place seems more appropriate.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You get your slide sent out yet?

Yep! Mailed it out early last week to Jagerwerks. I went with the black nitride refinishing so I probably won't get it back until Christmas time.
    Last edited by kitten_frenzy; 11-20-2017 at 02:42 PM.

User Tag List