Page 11 of 346 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think many are interested in how the Gen 5 pistols eject, and because the internet and the number of Glock pistols, folks will have them under a microscope. It would be interesting to put our other brands on slo mo film and watch them. Ammo obviously plays a part, and I wonder what he was shooting. Light ammo and a new RSA, especially one oriented to accuracy, could take a while to settle in. I have seen that with a number of new pistols of different brands.
    I am really looking forward to your review. I can only say that I have had zero problems so far, but am definitely not in your class as a shooter. I will be hitting refresh constantly on 9/1 waiting to see your thoughts.
    Last edited by holmes168; 08-27-2017 at 01:06 PM. Reason: needed to add the word NOT as in NOT in GJM's class.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I would encourage people to be very cautious about using a non-Gen5 slide stop in Gen5 gun. While it appears to work sitting on my bench and hand cycling it, the Gen5 locking block doesn't have that second pin through it that the slide stop spring acts against and instead just pushes against the locking block a little further back. As a result, people might get premature slide lock.
    I replaced the gen 5 slide stop with the my gen 4 oem slide stop lever and trigger pin as you mentioned Tom. 200 rounds and worked perfectly, I will still test further but so far no slide lock induced from me with my support hand, and no premature slide lock. I also used the minus connector and again no issues. Tested with lyman guage after another 200 rounds and no difference, it seems that the stock connector is good to go, trigger pull is consistently in the 4.12 - 4.14 range for me.

Glock was introduced 36 years ago and I think they finally reached perfection. Not kidding, the accuracy of this gun for me is ridiculous. Whatever they did with the barrel, for me it's like shooting with a match grade barrel. It's so good for me that I really don't want to replace the crappy plastic sights because I am so perfectly dialed in. I really don't want to mess with them and may just put nail polish or something on them. The poa/poi for me is placing the dot on the target, not top edge of the front post. But I'm kind of used to that from my sigs so it works for me.

I am at best an avg. shooter. This is at 7 yards and I would never keep my groups in the small square. lucky to hit it even once normally. Even with my rmr it's challenge for me.

This is about 22 yards that I walked off. I was drawing from concealment (aiwb, JMC 2.0) and consistently hitting the steel at around 2 sec. Again, with my rmr not sure I am any better, consistent or fast (at least for me). I loaded 2 mags with 10 rounds and hit 7/10, the first time, ant 8/10 the second. This just doesn't happen for me going that quick.

view from my iphone where I was shooting.

I thought I over paid for this but I wouldn't hesitate to pay $1000 for this at this point. I own 10 sigs, which include legions, 226 tacops, 320's, other glocks and a shield and this gen 5 smokes them all without a doubt for me.

Tom please hurry and configure a gadget and I will request right now the first one off the assembly line. Happy to demo any as well.

I've spent a lot of money on my current 19 with milling an rmr, apex trigger kit, magwell, minus connector, trigger undercut. (see pic in post #50) By the way, the grooves seemed to eliminate that need for me as I have no issues with glock knuckle. This stock pistol is perfectly good to go for me. (sights at this point is optional)
    Last edited by Dismas316; 08-27-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks for the write up Dismas. As much as I don't want a glock I might pick up a 19 as I have been wanting to RMR a pistol for a while. Wish they had paddle mag release...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Yes.

I may not be saying the right words, but has anyone performed the '1911 Ejection Test'? (As I understand this is shooting a single chambered round, on an empty magazine).
    I don't think many factory Glock's will pass this test...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Hey all, when it comes to holsters, we have been setting up our molds for the past month and half to accept the ambi slide release. It is officially up on the site now that the 17 and 19 fit the Gen 5. If for some reason you received a holster in the last month and half that doesn't have the channel for ambi slide release, let me know and I will send you a return label to get that fixed. If you want to send in your holster that is older than that, send it with $15.00 in the box for me to cover return shipping and the quick mod, and we can modify it to accept the Gen 5. Of course this only applies to the 17 or 19.

Thanks
    Ordered another IWB3, this time for G19! It's my birthday present from my wife. I'm building up quite a JMCK collection- best holsters ever.

Also- Ameriglo CAP sights as an upgrade on the stocks. Almost got the Spartan but changed at last minute.
    Last edited by holmes168; 08-27-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I ran another 200rds. through my Gen.5 19 today. It will not pass the 1911 test and I also got 2 BTF today. One about 75rds. in with AE 124gr fmj. Happened on rd. 14 in a fully loaded mag. The second happened with a box of UMC 115gr. fmj either the 7th or 8th rd. out of a fully loaded mag. I also ran 75 rds. of Fed HST 124gr. End of the 2nd range trip and I am 545rds. into it and have this nice little cut on my pinky from the crescent shaped mag cut out. that thing is razor sharp... I knocked it down last night with some sand paper but it really hasn't helped much.
    Last edited by CDFIII; 08-27-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    I don't think many factory Glock's will pass this test...
    I guess you are right, but it'd be interesting to see some Gen 5 samples tested.

From what I understand, the extractor design is basically the same as previous models.

A SCD-equipped G5G19 is definitely on my short list of future 'one size fits all' pistols for both CCW and USPSA use.

To those with G5s and a trigger pull gauge...can you measure the pull weight in the middle of the trigger where the trigger drop safety pivots? That's where my finger rests when pulling so I'd be interested to see what it measures at that spot as opposed to the bottom of the trigger where the most leverage is. Thanks!
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    To those with G5s and a trigger pull gauge...can you measure the pull weight in the middle of the trigger where the trigger drop safety pivots? That's where my finger rests when pulling so I'd be interested to see what it measures at that spot as opposed to the bottom of the trigger where the most leverage is. Thanks!
    I handled two Gen 5 G19s today at Sharpshooters in Alpharetta, GA. They had a big stack of 19s avail for $619. No 17's left. I judged the trigger on those pretty similar in overall weight and characteristics to a Gen 4. I do have pretty crude trigger senses though.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Is the Vickers floor plate compatible with the Gen5?

User Tag List