Page 109 of 346 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    I never understood why do people open the box upside down?
    It's the direction of the latches. Seriously. Most folks assumption is that latches flip up and are attached to the lid. Instead the Glock boxes flip down.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Here's a little work from yesterday shooting a hanging tennis ball on the move with the Gen5 G17. Did pretty well walking. Running, I couldn't hit it consistently at all. The one hit on the run at the end of the video is the only one I got! On the walk it was pretty good though.
    Given that most people couldn't hit a tennis ball at that distance with a static stance and a two-handed grip, that was still some impressive shooting.
    Last edited by ER_STL; 11-10-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    It's the direction of the latches. Seriously. Most folks assumption is that latches flip up and are attached to the lid. Instead the Glock boxes flip down.
    Woah.

That is exactly what I did.

1911 test - no mag in gun. Totally stock. Below test run during rounds 50-60 on new 17.

Alternated three rounds 147 HST, three rounds 147 American Eagle. Then 6 more HST.

All AE stovepiped, some horizontally.

All HST functioned and ejected and none fell out mag port as best as I could tell.

In total, all of the first 109 rounds on the gun were function perfect with non-troublesome ejection, ignoring the three American Eagle no-mag rounds mentioned above. I've never been this accurate at distance or able to shoot the center out of a 1" box at 7yds with a group before. I'll also say that stock Ameriglo night sights shooting the above-mentioned Federal 147 loadings were top of blade POI at every distance I could shoot them at up to the end of the 12yd indoor range. Very very happy, and will keep putting rounds through it.

Name:  D4A6BE3F-1D9C-4D8E-AF00-E4F0A4ABC621.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  30.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    So even the box is special.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    Given that most people couldn't hit a tennis ball at that distance with a static stance and a two-handed grip, that was still some impressive shooting.
    Thanks! I guess to clarify my previous post, I've never been able to hit the tennis ball on the run consistently. That doesn't have anything to do with the Gen5 - it wasn't any different with Gen3. I think on the run the wobble zone is significantly bigger than the tennis ball. Walking it's doable.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    It seems like only yesterday that you were showing us a picture of your Walther PPS. Welcome to the dark side...

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    It seems like only yesterday that you were showing us a picture of your Walther PPS. Welcome to the dark side...
    I keep telling my wife, “This is the last Pistol, I promise”.

She doesn’t believe me anymore.

No, seriously I am liking the feel of the G19 Gen 5.

I did some more manipulations yesterday comparing it to my P30SK. There is not a lot of physical size difference, and hardly any weight difference, between them:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Thanks! I guess to clarify my previous post, I've never been able to hit the tennis ball on the run consistently. That doesn't have anything to do with the Gen5 - it wasn't any different with Gen3. I think on the run the wobble zone is significantly bigger than the tennis ball. Walking it's doable.
    Can you try progressively stepping up one or two sizes to test the theory? I’d bet that by the time you got to a softball-sized whiffle ball, there’d be plastic everywhere. Besides your Glocks, I mean.

ETA: here ya go

https://www.amazon.com/Softball-Size.../dp/B000AOATXO
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 11-11-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Picked mine up today.
    I did the plunk test with various boxes of 147gr HST.
    All fell into the chamber fine. Some wouldn't fall back out without a wiggle. These same rounds wouldn't rotate freely when in the chamber.
    So far...
    50 147gr HST
    100 147gr FMJ Freedom Munitions (weak as hell)
    100 124gr Geco (more like +p)
    No issues. At 10 yards, I put 5 into one ragged hole which is good enough for me.
    One thing I've noticed is that if you press on the R slide stop while pulling the trigger, you get that distinct wall before the break. If not, the wall is more vague.

Sending it out to Jagerwerks for RMR milling on Monday!

User Tag List