Page 103 of 346 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Just ordered a couple of those pearce grip enhancers, thanks for that tip I wasnt aware of those, if it fits up perfectly to the 19.5 I'll put them on all the 15 rounders.

@Texaspoff, the APX is still the frontrunner for me, and when the compact arrives I'm sure this G19.5 will switch to a dog gun just like my gen4 was, that means I wear it for K9 training when I'm going to be rolling around getting filthy
    Last edited by CanineCombatives; 11-03-2017 at 05:21 PM.

You guys are a bad influence - an Ameriglo 17 may or may not be on its way ...

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Just ordered a couple of those pearce grip enhancers, thanks for that tip I wasnt aware of those, if it fits up perfectly to the 19.5 I'll put them on all the 15 rounders.
    I believe they were made for the Gen2’s. The cutout can’t be that much different. Can it?? Please let me know how they work. I think they also make a set for the 17’s

Has anyone with Gen 5 guns had to modify their Safariland ALS holsters? Can they be easily altered to accommodate the ambi slide stop lever? I own a system of them and don't really want to have to buy more just for the new guns.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Has anyone with Gen 5 guns had to modify their Safariland ALS holsters? Can they be easily altered to accommodate the ambi slide stop lever? I own a system of them and don't really want to have to buy more just for the new guns.

I have not had to do any modifications to my ALS/SLS or regular ALS holster with my issued 17m. No hands on with a gen5, but I'm assuming they would fit the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    I have not had to do any modifications to my ALS/SLS or regular ALS holster with my issued 17m. No hands on with a gen5, but I'm assuming they would fit the same.

That's very good news. Some Feds I know had issues with their 19M's and ALS holsters. I looked at my Gen 4 G19 and it looks like it would be an issue. Trying to meet up with one who has one to test fit. They said they asked Safariland to make holsters that are compatible.
    Last edited by El Cid; 11-04-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That's very good news. Some Feds I know had issues with their 19M's and ALS holsters. I looked at my Gen 4 G19 and it looks like it would be an issue. Trying to meet up with one who has one to test fit. They said they asked Safariland to make holsters that are compatible.
    My agency issues the safariland 6360 als/SLS level 3 with light, 7377 and 6377 als with and without light all for the Glock 17m and none have had issues that I'm aware of. Maybe the 19m safariland holsters fit differently?

My gen5 G17 and G19 both fit in my patrol 6365 holster and my SRT 6354 holster. No issues at all. Both are light bearing for what it’s worth.

I just tried my G5/17 in a Safariland 7TS, and it is tight compared to a Gen 3/4.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Stopped by my buddy's and test fit his gun with my ALS DO holster (from the pic). It works and doesn't appear to inhibit the draw. But as GIM said - it is tight. When I get a gun I'll likely try sanding down the inside where it contacts the slide stop lever. Thanks everyone.

User Tag List