Page 101 of 346 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Is there a single side slide release anyone is making yet?

Did anyone answer the ‘are the 10 Round Magazines ok’ question yet?

I missed it if so...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Gabe bit the bullet and picked up two G5/17 with Ameriglo sights today.
    And, he likes them!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've been kind of bored. I've been in a rut. Just trying to maintain. Not excited enough to really eke out improvement from where I am now. I'm usually very stable with equipment and stick with what I choose for years. If you gave me a wishlist item to apply to previous Glocks, I'd have asked for more mechanical accuracy. So I have been very interested in the Gen5 Glocks. I don't have any big shooting events coming up over the next couple of months. I have time to explore and build up again. I think it will help me refocus my interest and attention in shooting to change things around just a little bit. So yesterday, with those feelings bubbling under the surface, I grabbed up two Gen5 G17s with the Ameriglo sights.

They are really, really nice - easily the nicest stock iteration of the G17 IMHO. Buttery smooth action, great texture, good mag catch and other controls, I like that they have shored up the slide lock spring, trigger spring, and firing pin safety, the magwell is excellent, the trigger is among the best I have felt on a stock Glock, and the sights are very enjoyable to interact with. It's fun to use night sights again. I shot a few hundred rounds yesterday afternoon and it worked without issue (even with PMAG21s.) Hitting just below top edge at 25 yards with 124gr + P Gold Dot and 147gr HST. When I brought the distance to 7 yards, 1.8x Bill Drills, 1.3x Failures to Stop, and 1.2x/1.3x pairs to the head were falling right out of the gun. It is very attractive to me to have a completely stock gun that I want to shoot as much as my lightly-tuned Gen3 G34s (actually more, at the moment.)

Want to know how I know this was a good purchase for me? After training last night, and I was beat and tired, and got home after an 18 hour day, all I wanted to do was dry fire my Gen5s.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Please don't take this as trolling, I am really curious if anybody heard anything if a gen 5 G26 being released? Or should I just suck it up and buy another G19..

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    Please don't take this as trolling, I am really curious if anybody heard anything if a gen 5 G26 being released? Or should I just suck it up and buy another G19..
    There’s infoin this thread and elsewhere, but the BLUF is: Glock reps in several regions have stated yes, but not until after the first of the year.

So now that I've got the G17/G19 gen 5 duo in my hands I can say with certainty that the scallop is a non issue on the 17 but a real annoyance on the 19, hopefully I wont notice it after running the first few hundred, not much more to add till I get at least a thousand cases on the deck, I see what everyone is saying about the trigger and all that yep it feels like a good street trigger out of the box, reset remains stronger than anything else out there with a click so pronounced you can hear it in the next room, I expect they will both run like glocks, the only curiosity for me will be this new barrel and tighter lockup, the P320 and APX have both been lasers out of the box compared to my previous gen glocks all with stock barrels so if it pulls even with them and the VP9 I'll be well stoked.

BTW I have the fed contract sights, .125 orange front on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    There’s infoin this thread and elsewhere, but the BLUF is: Glock reps in several regions have stated yes, but not until after the first of the year.
    Any info on the G46's release to the US market

I read this entire thread, off and on throughout the day. I’ve arranged to buy a 19.5 tomorrow. I’m excited to work it out!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    Any info on the G46's release to the US market
    No. Don't hold your breath. The 46 is not even commercially available in Europe. It is being submitted for some German police trials - that is all. Anything else is speculation.

The 46 was designed to meet German LE requirements which exclude guns requiring the trigger to be pulled for disassembly. Glock has made many variations for foreign police contracts such as models with manual safeties which have never been made availibke in the U.S. commercial market.

User Tag List