Page 100 of 346 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    It looks like just a slightly taller front. My 17.5 did fine with standard defoors, so I don’t know what to make of it.

P
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Defoors are POA/POI at 25 as well. I keep seeing talk of needing a taller front, but yet to hear a definitive answer on it. Curious what impact different ammo is having

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    My Defoors are POA/POI at 25 as well. I keep seeing talk of needing a taller front, but yet to hear a definitive answer on it. Curious what impact different ammo is having
    When I called them to inquire they said "it's because the 5th gens are shipping with a taller front" whether that's true or not in have no idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    When I called them to inquire they said "it's because the 5th gens are shipping with a taller front" whether that's true or not in have no idea.

Mine has the same height front sight as all previous Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Mine has the same height front sight as all previous Glocks.
    I ordered a set of defoors to toss on it. I'll confirm poa poi with them and then get the same sized Dawson's.

Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    All three of the Gen5 19s I put 10-8 rears on needed a .250" front for a drive the dot sight picture at 25 yards with 124.

I put another 50 rounds of 124 grain AE and 25 rounds of 147 grain HST through my 17.5. Feeding continues to be flawless as I approach 600 rounds without cleaning. There were 2 BTFs this time; both with the AE and both on the last round of the magazine.

As for accuracy, I fired it next to one of my VP9s. The 17.5 has Amerigo Spartan Operator sights and the VP9 Trijicon HDs. I fired 10 rounds of 147 grain HST through each off hand at the -0 head of an IDPA target from 25 yards. The 17.5 was 10/10 and the VP9 was 9/10.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Hit range today, bolds, FBI, defoors, tcaps, .090 front I've got from ameriglo, all poa/poi at 25y.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Gabe bit the bullet and picked up two G5/17 with Ameriglo sights today.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Gabe bit the bullet and picked up two G5/17 with Ameriglo sights today.
    Didn't think anything could pry the G34's from his hands.

These days, shooting stock guns is like shooting a custom one in times past!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List