Page 77 of 346 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidbattlecry View Post
    So i happen to pick up a 19.5 a couple of days ago. And if anyone is worried about the cut out, go handle one and make sure you are ok with it. I could tell right away it wasn't for me. The corners are sharp and i couldn't get a comfortable grip. I do have big hands though. My hand almost reaches the bottom of a glock 17 grip.
    My little finger naturally falls right on the edge. I really did not like how it felt. The g17 feels amazing to me for a Glock. My hands never worked with grooves. I was really liking the g19.5 setup to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I have a Gen3 G17 with a cutout that I filed the finger grooves off of and sanded an undercut with 5/8" round bar. My grip covers half the cut out.

The G19.5's cut out doesn't bother me dry firing. Haven't live fired yet. So if you have large hands I wouldn't immediately discount the Gen5 just because you have large hands.

Good pictures. See my pinky was half way on the on the bottom of the magwell and the baseplate. I'll give it another try before i pick up a 17.5. Maybe a 19.4 is in my future? If it seamed like i didn't like the 17.5 i really do. That's what i'm going to pick up in a few weeks. The 19 just did not fit me well.
    Last edited by Morbidbattlecry; 09-25-2017 at 08:49 PM.

I know that the lack of finger grooves has been talked through, but I really noticed a massive difference during dry fire on the 17.5 vs the 17.4. My fingers literally could not get as good of a grip on the 17.4 due to the grooves. I had not realized the difference would be as much as it was until dry fire his evening. Great- now I will end up getting a second 17.5. Oh well- can't take $$$ with you.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I bet a few minutes with a round needle file would alleviate any problems with the G19 cut-out.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Mjolnir and anybody,

Is it my imagination or is the G17 Gen 5's RSA "lighter" than Gen 4's? (as in weight, retracting the slide) I know it feels much lighter than the original Gen 4 RSA's but even current production? Seemed like it sure was. Which is very interesting vis a vis published info about the M model G17's having a new RSA for improved recoil characteristics.
    Comparing my 17.5 to my 34.4 I thought the same thing.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I think it's definitely different as it seems to recoil a little softer.

I'll take them out and try to compare.

I'm sure it's probably too subtle to notice by working the RSA with your hands.

I did read/watch somewhere that the timing of the pistol was altered to increase reliability.

That would imply softer/less stiff springs, perhaps???

Last edited by Mjolnir; 09-26-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Okay, where are you guys finding blue label gen 5 g17s? I can not seem to find any in stock. My googlefu is broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Okay, where are you guys finding blue label gen 5 g17s? I can not seem to find any in stock. My googlefu is broke.

GT distributors in Austin had some in stock. Ask to speak to Dorianne. Thats where we have been getting all our 17 and 19's

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-26-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I picked a GSSF Blue Label in Nashville two weeks ago.

- Wynn

First malf at about 1070 rounds. Failure to chamber all the way from slide lock with magtech 115gr..

User Tag List