Page 216 of 346 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

$425 plus $85 for the Bold Ameriglos.

$510 plus tax from distributor based blue label dealer.

Just a quick update on my time with the Gen 5. I made Master in IPSC with a bone stock G17 Gen 5 last weekend. To my knowledge I was the only Glock shooter out of 45 shooters in my division. It was literally a sea of Shadows and Shadow 2’s. Came in 2nd the first day at 99% and fifth the second day at 96%. I only dropped one mike for the entire weekend. The Gen 5 is pretty much a “do all” gun in my opinion. The only thing it needs is a good set of sights, but even the stock sights are quite useable.

Pic of the gun after two days of match shooting...
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 07-21-2018 at 09:24 PM.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Just a quick update on my time with the Gen 5. I made Master in IPSC with a bone stock G17 Gen 5 last weekend.
    Clobb, you're killing me. I'm a long-time Glock shooter that got bit by the DA/SA bug a couple of years ago. Started following yours and Pepperoni's training journals during my foray into Berettas. And now here you make Master with a stock Glock! You could have saved me some money buddy if you had made this transition sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by GNiner View Post
    Clobb, you're killing me. I'm a long-time Glock shooter that got bit by the DA/SA bug a couple of years ago. Started following yours and Pepperoni's training journals during my foray into Berettas. And now here you make Master with a stock Glock! You could have saved me some money buddy if you had made this transition sooner!
    That Glock doesn’t look bone stock — see the grip tape.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GNiner View Post
    Sorry man! I got super frustrated trying to find a set of sights for my Beretta that worked for me. I love my Beretta’s and would never sell them but I bought the Gen 5 just for the sight availability. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That Glock doesn’t look bone stock — see the grip tape.
    LOL!
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 07-22-2018 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Just a quick update on my time with the Gen 5. I made Master in IPSC with a bone stock G17 Gen 5 last weekend. To my knowledge I was the only Glock shooter out of 45 shooters in my division. It was literally a sea of Shadows and Shadow 2’s. Came in 2nd the first day at 99% and fifth the second day at 96%. I only dropped one mike for the entire weekend. The Gen 5 is pretty much a “do all” gun in my opinion. The only thing it needs is a good set of sights, but even the stock sights are quite useable.

Pic of the gun after two days of match shooting...
    Subtle brag. [emoji38]

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Subtle brag. [emoji38]

Just hit 10,000 rounds on my Gen 5 17, purchased in September 2017. Dropped in a new RSA last night and detail cleaned it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by K.Hungus View Post
    Just hit 10,000 rounds on my Gen 5 17, purchased in September 2017. Dropped in a new RSA last night and detail cleaned it.
    I apologize if you’ve discussed this elsewhere in the thread—I’ve been popping in and out. Any malfunctions and/or extraction issues?

Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    I apologize if you’ve discussed this elsewhere in the thread—I’ve been popping in and out. Any malfunctions and/or extraction issues?
    No worries at all!

Three light strikes with Barnaul 9x19 115 grain FMJ and one failure to feed with WCC Q4318 and a Gen 5 magazine (due to a weak spring).

Total malfunctions to date 4

This gun has not been babied and shot reliably in a 2-day Jared Reston class in March, as well as a Kahles 2-gun match last weekend in West Virginia.

I continue to be impressed with the accuracy, shootability and reliability of the Generation 5 Glock pistols.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 07-22-2018 at 03:22 PM.

User Tag List