Page 279 of 346 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I got a Gen 5 19 with the front serrations and no cutout last weekend at a Glock Days event at my dealer. Got a range membership and some Glock swag with it as part of the event.

Shot it yesterday and I think it’s the best Glock made to date now that they fixed the minor issue of the frame cutout. I need to get a 17 front serration as well.

Have an early G19.5 with cutout. Thought the trigger was pretty gritty. Bought new firing pin safety and trigger bar from Brownells. Looks the same but everything is much smoother.

The 19 still has far worse of a trigger pull than my G48.
    Last edited by vandal; 10-18-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Have an early G19.5 with cutout. Thought the trigger was pretty gritty. Bought new firing pin safety and trigger bar from Brownells. Looks the same but everything is much smoother.

The 19 still has far worse of a trigger pull than my G48.
    My most recent gen 5 doesn’t have a great trigger. But it’s fine. May try what you did though.

Was messing with a gen 5 34 today and the trigger was fantastic.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    My most recent gen 5 doesn’t have a great trigger. But it’s fine. May try what you did though.

Was messing with a gen 5 34 today and the trigger was fantastic.
    I think there's a ton of variation in the triggers, and for the most part it seems random. A decade ago a friend of mine bought a Gen3 G23 and a Gen 3 G19 at the same time--both new guns made about the same time. One had a great trigger and the other one was awful. My first Gen5 G19 came with a good trigger, but I had to replace the trigger bar because of flaking and the second one wasn't as good. The trigger on my second 19.5 is fantastic. Hopefully the trigger bar holds up in this one!

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I think there's a ton of variation in the triggers, and for the most part it seems random. A decade ago a friend of mine bought a Gen3 G23 and a Gen 3 G19 at the same time--both new guns made about the same time. One had a great trigger and the other one was awful. My first Gen5 G19 came with a good trigger, but I had to replace the trigger bar because of flaking and the second one wasn't as good. The trigger on my second 19.5 is fantastic. Hopefully the trigger bar holds up in this one!
    My G17.5 came with a nice trigger but an identical one belonging to a friend felt gritty even after a proper cleaning. No flaking detected but i suspect it might smoothen out with use.

I didn’t think I’d like the front cutout but I’ve found it helps with reloads.

Any way to tell if parts have the same coating as the M pistols? Different color or luster to them?
    Last edited by Padwan; 10-19-2019 at 09:32 AM.

I could not tell a difference between the original trigger bar and the replacement part.

Quote Originally Posted by Padwan View Post

Any way to tell if parts have the same coating as the M pistols? Different color or luster to them?

Buy a few connectors and try them.

My G5 G34 trigger was just OK, and I figured I could work around it. Then I remembered I had 3 extra OEM Glock dash connectors.

First one I tried was awesome. I stopped right there.

I was playing with a gen 5 34 at the shop and it had a great trigger. Tempted to get one but wish they had non-MOS versions. I guess a 17 would do.

I was having a lot of fun with my newest gen 5 19 yesterday. I got my advanced shooter card for the new range and was able to shoot FBI quals and tons of drills and stuff. The target can spin around and stop and you have a couple seconds to shoot before it turns or runs back further or charges at you or whatever. Anyway, was testing a bunch of ammo too and it’s very interesting to load a mag with 3 different kinds of ammo and seeing the shooting characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I could not tell a difference between the original trigger bar and the replacement part.
    The NDLC coating is black and only comes on Gov't contract guns. If I knew how to post pics I would send you a pic of my 19M or you can PM me your email or I can text you pic. Internal coating is very obvious

My gen5 G17's trigger is pretty nice I think, and accuracy is superb! I do notice the slide gets hotter than I remember the Gen 3 getting but maybe my imagination? I love this pistol!

User Tag List