Page 317 of 346 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    What counts as the trigger actually "degrading"? Most Glocks I've shot for several thousand rounds have a change in the way the trigger feels. I always attributed it to the contact parts just wearing in. I've never seen a connector flake or anything. I have seen the firing pin safety plunger have the nickel plating flake a bit on a Gen 3 17 I had, but it never lead to any problems and didn't progress past a certain point.
    The break got much harder to pull through. I would say the trigger pull increased about 50%. It was very obvious when I compared it to my other Gen 5. Like I said. Swapping one part around resulted in both pistols having very similar trigger pulls again.

What counts as the trigger actually "degrading"? Most Glocks I've shot for several thousand rounds have a change in the way the trigger feels. I always attributed it to the contact parts just wearing in. I've never seen a connector flake or anything. I have seen the firing pin safety plunger have the nickel plating flake a bit on a Gen 3 17 I had, but it never lead to any problems and didn't progress past a certain point.

Mine all get gritty to point that the trigger cannot be pulled smoothly, the pull weight significantly increases, and they will eventually start failing to fully reset. Which is a big problem because the gun is cocked with all the safeties deactivated.

I've got almost a year and close to 6 cases of ammo through my issued G45 and the trigger has become the best of any Glock I've owned or tried. I recently bought a brand new, personal G45 blue label copy and that trigger is pretty dang good out of the box. It's nowhere near as smooth and great as my duty pistol.

I've probably got five digits worth of dry fire presses through it. While I really like the gen 5 G45, I am somewhat concerned about the trigger return spring changes so I plan on replacing that assembly on the same interval as the RSA.

I have two gen 4 G17s that have great factory triggers in them as well.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I've got almost a year and close to 6 cases of ammo through my issued G45 and the trigger has become the best of any Glock I've owned or tried. I recently bought a brand new, personal G45 blue label copy and that trigger is pretty dang good out of the box. It's nowhere near as smooth and great as my duty pistol.

I've probably got five digits worth of dry fire presses through it. While I really like the gen 5 G45, I am somewhat concerned about the trigger return spring changes so I plan on replacing that assembly on the same interval as the RSA.

I have two gen 4 G17s that have great factory triggers in them as well.

Regards.
    What concerns you about the Gen 5 trigger return spring change? I figure it’s pretty well tested from the FBI trials and Phase I of the MHS trials, plus the M/Gen 5 series having seen several years of duty use by now. Have you heard of any problems with it?

What concerns you about the Gen 5 trigger return spring change? I figure it’s pretty well tested from the FBI trials and Phase I of the MHS trials, plus the M/Gen 5 series having seen several years of duty use by now. Have you heard of any problems with it?
    I had the basic armorer's course recently. It's probably all in my head but it seems a tad delicate. My agency has had no issues with about 400 G45s but most here don't run them really hard.

The part is cheap to replace with the RSA. One can either replace the spring and other two parts or just buy a complete housing and drop that in. All highly dependent on how much one runs their guns.

Sorta remember someone on this site saying their agency had issues but not 100 percent sure on that. I'll see if I can find it.

My g45 trigger turned gritty and turned 2 stage. My striker lug is flaking were it interacts the cruciform. Don’t feel like I really want to mess with it.

I like the gen 5s and Glock sells everyone of them but I cannot help but think that with just a little more effort/care they could improve their coating/plating or whatever.

Name:  BF0962CB-197B-47A9-A3B8-D29A49D40A87.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  AA26F54D-7CFB-4262-A0F8-9AEE3FFC7278.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  40.3 KB

This is the gen 5 trigger return assembly.

This is the gen 5 trigger return assembly.[/QUOTE]

I looked at Brownells and Midwest Gun Works. Where do you buy it?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post

I looked at Brownells and Midwest Gun Works. Where do you buy it?

Thank you.
    Looks like Glockstore has TMHs for Gen 5:

https://www.glockstore.com/Gen-5-Glo...rigger-Housing

Point taken, that is smaller than I thought. At the very least it wouldn’t hurt to replace the spring at the same time as a RSA. At the moment my only Glock is a Gen 4 19, but I am considering getting a G17 Gen 5 because of my discount at work. I pulled it to the back of the shop to buy later. This was when all our Glocks were being bought up after the election was called. Sounds like it might not be a bad idea for me to go ahead and get it while we have one in stock.

User Tag List