Page 312 of 346 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Found out today that there have been changes made to the 19M, and the FBI will be issuing the "19M 2020" in the future. The changes were proposed by Glock, not the FBI, and are considered "running enhancements" to the product line and had to be approved by the FBI.

Going forward, the half-moon cut will be removed and FCS will be added. There are several small changes internally, but the biggest is a design change to the barrel. The locking lug has been made slightly taller, which changes the timing and the barrel tilt. It's supposedly more accurate.

I've been assured that there were no issues with the existing 19M's, and that all the changes were proposed by Glock, not the Bureau.

A new version of the FBI G43 is coming as well.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....83#post1117183
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Stock Gen 5 Slide internals (save for reduce power striker spring and Taran tactical 15lb recoil spring)
    Did you go with the 15# recoil spring for how it feels or for reliability?
    Curious how reliable Rolands are with the G19's 18# factory recoil spring.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Factory spring is over spring for the comp but it works.

15 is too much too imo.

It’s been 100% with all springs - including the 4lb striker spring that Everyone says won’t poke a hole in a kleenex

My G19 KKM barrel and comp ran like a raped ape in my Gen 3 and Gen 4 G19 with OEM springs. Dropped into two friends Gen 4 G19s that both had a Zev "kit" and they'd both get to choking but I don't know which of the springs involved may have been at fault.

So I headed to my Gabe White class planning to use said Gen 4 G19 and I thought all was well (all OEM springs). The day prior I went out for one more practice before the class and I started pushing my speed and commenced to fouling a few grips during the draw and getting some web of my dominant hand slide bit and it induced malf's whereas the stock guns never malfed for me when the same thing happened.

Then at the start of the class during the first warm up, I fookin' did the same thing (fouled grip) and got the same tissue induced malf and freaked the hell out. I then switched to a stock RTF2 G19 for peace of mind in the class. Tore my dominant hand palm up something fierce as the round count climbed too but oh well.

YMMV.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Factory spring is over spring for the comp but it works.

15 is too much too imo.

It’s been 100% with all springs - including the 4lb striker spring that Everyone says won’t poke a hole in a kleenex
    I'd think that under 15# would be on the edge of having return to battery issues when dirty (and frame battering with +P), same with light striker springs and light primer hits when the channel gets gunked up (I'm lazy when it comes to cleaning so its might just be a concern for gun slobs like me).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Just curious how reliable are comped Glocks when using defensive +p ammo and stock springs?

I would think that’s were a setup like a Roland special would shine.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Just curious how reliable are comped Glocks when using defensive +p ammo and stock springs?

100%.

Carry ammo is speer 124+ p

My Gen5 w/KKM Roland has run 4K flawlessly so far with the factory recoil spring.

Speer GD 124 +P runs like a dream out of my Roland.

I can't even tell the difference in recoil compared to normal practice loads.

I accidently went through two mags of GD one morning during warm up for a Paul Howe class last November.

Site Supporter

Actually, listening to the discussion where the developer of the gun was talking about the “why”, it started as a joke but he found a lot of functionality from the comp as he was teaching mainly closed enrollment classes and found himself shooting thousands of rounds of duty ammo. I think he specifically mentioned 147 Ranger T +P.

Seems to depend on the comp for ball but I’m not sure about +P. The reliability with stock springs is one reason I chose KKM. I normally shoot 124 gr lawman to match my 124 gr +P GD carry ammo. I definitely notice a difference between the two but less so than without a comp.

I started having fairly consistent malfunctions after the recoil spring had several thousand rounds on it, swapped in a new one and have been good ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List