Page 302 of 346 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Question about the 19 Gen 5 width. I see it's 1.34" on the Glock website/Handgun Hero and wonder is that only from the slide release or is the grip wider also?
    Just the slide release. If it's an issue you can chop off the right side release lever.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I stripped my Gen 5 19 MOS this weekend for a full detail clean before installing the RMR. In the re-assembly process I installed an OEM Minus Connector I had laying around. The gun had 1,400 rounds on it. I put 100 through it yesterday and between that and some dryfire I think I'm gonna go back. It's lighter, but the overall press has a more defined wall, or rather, it feels like your finger is falling off a cliff when it breaks and it's hard to not punch it down. I see it in the dot and it showed up on a 25yd target too:

My feelings on the minus connector are the same as yours. I wish Overwatch would do an NP3 coated dot connector.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I stripped my Gen 5 19 MOS this weekend for a full detail clean before installing the RMR. In the re-assembly process I installed an OEM Minus Connector I had laying around. The gun had 1,400 rounds on it. I put 100 through it yesterday and between that and some dryfire I think I'm gonna go back. It's lighter, but the overall press has a more defined wall, or rather, it feels like your finger is falling off a cliff when it breaks and it's hard to not punch it down. I see it in the dot and it showed up on a 25yd target too:

FWIW - I have a few Glock minus connectors and swap them until I find something I like. The minus that came in the G5 G34 was terrible and I was lucky the first one I swapped in worked really well.

I have a few laying around if you guys want to swap and see if something works.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    FWIW - I have a few Glock minus connectors and swap them until I find something I like. The minus that came in the G5 G34 was terrible and I was lucky the first one I swapped in worked really well.

I have a few laying around if you guys want to swap and see if something works.
    Thanks very much for the offer. I've got the stock dot connector back in the gun and will stick with it for now.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just the slide release. If it's an issue you can chop off the right side release lever.
    No, I was hoping the grip was a little wider. The G29/30 fit my hand better. I'm using the large beavertail on my G19 now and thought if the Gen 5 G19 grip was wider it'd give me an excuse to upgrade.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    My feelings on the minus connector are the same as yours. I wish Overwatch would do an NP3 coated dot connector.
    You might check out the Apex Tactical connector. I ordered one on a bit of a whim (I was ordering a flat face trigger, and decided to give the connector a try so I ordered the kit instead of just the trigger) and just installed it in a Gen 5 19 MOS. While it slightly reduces the trigger pull weight and smooths out the trigger pull a bit, its biggest benefit is that it softens up the wall to the point where I would describe it as mild stacking as opposed to a wall. It's a noticeable improvement over the Gen 5 gun with an OEM connector, which in itself is a definite improvement over the previous generation Glocks I've owned.

Both the Apex and factory connector guns have SCDs, and there's no fit/function issues with the SCD in either.

Site Supporter
    By my own admission, I don’t necessarily like Glock pistols, but I really do respect them.

A gen 5 G17 came into the shop wearing CAP sights and an outline of Georgia with a P in the middle of it, a carried a lot gun that Glock rebuilt. I snagged it in a heart beat.

My pervious experiences have been with mostly G19’s and 23’s, gens 3 and 4, and one G34. Nothing special, and I had to work really hard to hit decently with them, and with the G23 at least, I crushed the grip so much that the factory magazines wouldn’t feed reliably.

The G17 gen 5 has a satisfactory trigger to it, good sights, a stupid easy magwell, and the factory grip doesn’t point noticeably different compared to a G19 for me, which points noticeably different compared to anything else in my hands. I ran Dot Torture with it and scored 48/50 at 5 yards, and 47/50 with my 1911. I was surprised at how it handled and tracked under recoil, given that I haven’t shot one in close to 5 years.

A floodlight just showed up to the house, and it now wears a TLR1HL. It’ll do the job just fine, and much better than pervious generations and smaller framed Glocks for me.

It’ll be my go-to for a bit, given that the optic-ready VP9’s don’t have suppressor height sight sets available, and the white light washes out the dot.

Have to give credit where credit is due.

Looks like a buddy is going to order a 19.5 this week. He won't be able to handle the pistol prior to ordering, so does anyone know the serial number range he needs to be in to make sure he gets one with the breech face cut?

ETA: I emailed the same question to Glock customer service and already got this reply...fekkin pathetic.

Good Afternoon,

I would not have that information available.

Have a Great Day!

Michael
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 06-03-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Looks like a buddy is going to order a 19.5 this week. He won't be able to handle the pistol prior to ordering, so does anyone know the serial number range he needs to be in to make sure he gets one with the breech face cut?

ETA: I emailed the same question to Glock customer service and already got this reply...fekkin pathetic.

Good Afternoon,

Have a Great Day!

Michael
    There's a thread on Glock Talk but I haven't waded through it to see how much useful info there is. I know they had a thread on the 26 which gave serial number prefixes. Might try there... Anyway, here's the link as a start:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/ge...1783294/page-4
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post

Good Afternoon,

Have a Great Day!

Michael
    My understanding is that all Gen5 G17s and G19s that have front cocking serrations and lack the front strap cutout should have the breechface notch. It’s only the G26s that have serial number ranges where you get the FCS but no breechface notch.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List