Page 323 of 346 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Don't you have a 43x also?

I picked up a new G43 frame and three magazines for around $250 before the latest round of madness. I put my 43x upper on the small frame and use it for smart carry and ankle carry in NPE's. Thought about buying another G42, but decided to go with the modular 43/43x setup for ammo commonality and reduced cost, despite the additional magazines.

If a guy were buying a new G5G19 today, how would he even tell if it had all of the latest revisions?
    I do have a 43x. Hadn't considered finding a 43 frame.

As far as the 19 goes that's a really good question. I don't know if there are any revisions after the breach face cut. Hopefully, someone can weigh in on this.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Finally got to get some range time in with the Glock 45 MOS this morning. Admittedly I did not shoot it before putting in my Holosun and AmeriGlo sights, but the gun seemed to be shooting pretty hard left from benched. I know, likely a normal “my Glock shoots left” but at 25 yards it was hitting about 3 inches left of the AmeriGlo sights. My 19 with the exact same sights wasn’t having any issue so I got them set off a good bit towards the right in the dove tail and now it’s hitting just a tad low but centered. Got the Holosun zeroed in afterwards and everything seems good.

For the hell of it I used a rental Glock 19 from the range, it’s factory sights were centered and didn’t have any issue with shots going left so I’m leaning towards this somehow being the gun. Stupid me forgot to take pictures before trashing the target.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Has anyone come across Gen5 .40 mags for sale anywhere?

Site Supporter
    Stumbled on to a Blue Label G23 Gen 5 MOS. It's marked made in Austria but it has the standard smooth trigger rather than the grooved trigger usually seen on G19/23/26/27.

The trigger pull has a distinct wall and feels more like a Gen 4 trigger than a Gen 5.

Now to get KKM or PMM to make a comp barrel for it.....

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Stumbled on to a Blue Label G23 Gen 5 MOS. It's marked made in Austria but it has the standard smooth trigger rather than the grooved trigger usually seen on G19/23/26/27.

The trigger pull has a distinct wall and feels more like a Gen 4 trigger than a Gen 5.

Now to get KKM or PMM to make a comp barrel for it.....
    Gen5s all have smooth triggers so that's to be expected.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I thought I would pull this one back up as I got some much needed time in on my Gen 5 17 this morning. Last week ended with some drama, so I thought I would start this week off with some shooting and relaxing time in the desert.

9MM has been a bit tight and I am shamefully down to my last 1000 or so rounds so I have been careful about shooting it. Shooting, however, is a perishable skill and I need to get back at it. I am still extremely happy with the accuracy of the Gen 5's and BFN works. All of my brass ejected neatly to the side and was clustered in about a 3 foot circle.

I started out checking zero with my training ammo. I shot supported, off my range bag at about 25 yards. I forgot my targets when I was sneaking out of the house this morning, but luckily I had some blank cardboard and my trusty Sharpie. I was definitely rusty and dropped a few shots:

Name:  IMG-1100.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  28.7 KB

Name:  IMG-1104.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  40.0 KB

I settled down a bit and was more consistent:

Name:  IMG-1106.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  30.3 KB

Name:  IMG-1110.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  57.3 KB

Then I did home hostler presentations from 5-7 yards. Again I dropped some shots but did better as the session progressed.

Name:  IMG-1117.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  37.1 KB

Overall it was a great start to the week. I have a line on a couple of thousand rounds of 9mm and hope that it works out. I would have never guessed that this whole ammo drought would last so long. I remain impressed with the Gen 5 and feel that the accuracy alone is worth the switch for me. I was using some of my factory Glock 10 round magazines and they did fail to lock the slide back in one magazine out of twenty. It has worked 100% of the time in my Gen 3 guns.

Name:  IMG-1120.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  82.6 KB

Do all he Gen 5 MOS models have the breach face cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Do all he Gen 5 MOS models have the breach face cut?
    IIRC, the breech face cut and front cocking serrations were first introduced into the production line with the MOS models. Am I mis-remembering?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    IIRC, the breech face cut and front cocking serrations were first introduced into the production line with the MOS models. Am I mis-remembering?

The G45 was the first model.

Any of the newer made pistols come with the breech face cut. At this point, if you’re buying one that’s new, it has it. All the old stock has been sold. Likely only to see non breech face cut when buying a used pistol at this point I think.

User Tag List