Page 269 of 346 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Without going though all 270 + pages of this thread, could someone explain the groove cutout in the slide, thar Beat Trash was talking about in the quote, or better yet show pics? I haven't been following this thread very much, so, I'm a bit behind the curve..I've got a new Gen5, G19 that has probably less than 500rnds on it, I've had for about a year, now. Was thinking about taking it for a spin, and see how she does..
    Try this link, it should go to post 2482, dated 10/29/18, which has a picture of the new breech cut:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post805188

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Try this link, it should go to post 2482, dated 10/29/18, which has a picture of the new breech cut:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post805188

Thank you!! It appears that mine is probably an earlier gen 5, as it does not have this feature..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-21-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Thank you!! It appears that mine is probably an earlier gen 5, as it does not have this feature..
    Mine too.

FWIW my early mismatch nose G19.5 is over 4K rounds, still shoots great. I finally put ten in the black over about 45 seconds at 10 yards last week. Not a huge deal for most here but for me it was a signal accomplishment.

I don’t recall a malfunction. She ain’t pretty but I bet my life on my Glock.

The oldest Glock I have with this feature is a BHNK. None of my Glocks starting with BG or earlier had the new breech cut.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The oldest Glock I have with this feature is a BHNK. None of my Glocks starting with BG or earlier had the new breech cut.
    Ok, the serial number on mine starts with BG..

Sorry for asking something that has been discussed. I just can not find it. What is a RELIABLE way to drop the trigger pull weight. I thought I had read changing striker spring and something else? Mine is a early gen 5 and the trigger is not great. The 19x I owned had a superb trigger and the newer g17 also had a better trigger.

I do not really want to change shoes and stuff. But would like to clean the trigger up a wee bit and shave weight if possible. Please do not say shoot it. It has plenty of rounds through it. It has not gotten worse. It just was never great from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Sorry for asking something that has been discussed. I just can not find it. What is a RELIABLE way to drop the trigger pull weight. I thought I had read changing striker spring and something else? Mine is a early gen 5 and the trigger is not great. The 19x I owned had a superb trigger and the newer g17 also had a better trigger.

I do not really want to change shoes and stuff. But would like to clean the trigger up a wee bit and shave weight if possible. Please do not say shoot it. It has plenty of rounds through it. It has not gotten worse. It just was never great from the start.

My department only allows factory components so for me that means a factory minus connector. I don’t have the option to change out springs but I’ve been very happy with the minus connector from Glock. Might give it a try.

For Post#2744, each part which moves during a Glock trigger pull may need to be scrutinized. Anything could be causing a different/bad/rough trigger-pull compared to another Glock which feels better.

Some parts to examine:
    -trigger w/trigger bar
    -trigger mechanism housing
    -connector
    -firing pin safety
    -firing pin
    -channel liner
    -firing pin spring cups
    -firing pin spring

Lubrication between the trigger bar and connector seems to be left out of many Youtube videos I've seen. Accordingly, ensure that interface is lubed.

The two which I've initially missed over the years is the trigger mechanism housing and firing pin spring cups.

Mine all have at least a factory minus connector and a 5lb striker spring. Competition only guns get more but I'm happy with that set up in a carry gun. Its proven reliable in tens of thousands of rounds in multiple pistols. Mostly rounds with S&B or Fiochi primers. So I'm confident it will set off anything I would choose to carry.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Sorry for asking something that has been discussed. I just can not find it. What is a RELIABLE way to drop the trigger pull weight. I thought I had read changing striker spring and something else? Mine is a early gen 5 and the trigger is not great. The 19x I owned had a superb trigger and the newer g17 also had a better trigger. I do not really want to change shoes and stuff. But would like to clean the trigger up a wee bit and shave weight if possible. Please do not say shoot it. It has plenty of rounds through it. It has not gotten worse. It just was never great from the start. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If reliability matters, stick with OEM components.
    Option: a set of 19X or M internals.
    Option: order a quantity of OEM fire-control related parts and swap each until you find the best combination.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List