Page 294 of 346 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I was at a shop a couple days ago and there was a gen 5 17 FS that did not have the breech face cut. My 19FS has the cut. Are they not putting them on the 17s?

I want a gun for IDPA/USPSA and don’t like the optic cut in the gen 5 34s so I was going to get a 17.
    G45 maybe?

I think I’ve heard some comment it has the cut?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    G45 maybe?

I think I’ve heard some comment it has the cut?
    Naa. I’ve had one and don’t see the point for me.

Maybe the 19/45 have them because the recoil springs are shorter and they need the cut to get the ejection pattern Glock is after?

I don’t care about the cut all that much. I just don’t want to buy a 17 without one if there are 17s out there that have them. If none of them have them then cool I’m fine without it.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I was at a shop a couple days ago and there was a gen 5 17 FS that did not have the breech face cut. My 19FS has the cut. Are they not putting them on the 17s?

I want a gun for IDPA/USPSA and don’t like the optic cut in the gen 5 34s so I was going to get a 17.
    Shop local to me had both a G19,and a G17 with the cut, and a 17, without the cut, So, I think they’re out there, but I’d guess a lot of shops have new old stock, so, I’d check the breechface before I purchased if you’re wanting one with the cut..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Shop local to me had both a G19,and a G17 with the cut, and a 17, without the cut, So, I think they’re out there, but I’d guess a lot of shops have new old stock, so, I’d check the breechface before I purchased if you’re wanting one with the cut..
    And that’s odd, because the 17 I saw had a newer serial number compared to my 19. I got the 19 months ago and has the breech cut.

Just thought I'd add.

My new gen 5 mos g19 passed the 10-8 extraction test. And it is at least as accurate if not more accurate than the HKs I have. Definitely more accurate than my gen 3 g19s.

I really prefer my gen 3 triggers though. Will my trigger lighten up with more rounds fired?

Also is there an unofficial spring replacement schedule? I used to replace trs, slide lock, recoil etc every 7.5k but I don't see any mention of what to do on gen 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Just thought I'd add.

My new gen 5 mos g19 passed the 10-8 extraction test. And it is at least as accurate if not more accurate than the HKs I have. Definitely more accurate than my gen 3 g19s.

I really prefer my gen 3 triggers though. Will my trigger lighten up with more rounds fired?

Also is there an unofficial spring replacement schedule? I used to replace trs, slide lock, recoil etc every 7.5k but I don't see any mention of what to do on gen 5s.
    My G5 trigger lightened after about 1k rounds. It was good out of the box. Better now.

I’m sticking to the same RSA interval that I follow with a G4 (5k rounds). For everything else, I wait until the 15k interval unless something breaks before then. I can’t prove it but I think the TRS on the G5 will be less prone to failure versus the older Gens. Maybe someone with more Glock experience can comment on this.

Site Supporter

Glock 44

I examined Glock 44 and was impressed. Though being the same size as a model 19, it weighs much less. The slide is a two piece structure. Bottom part is steel, and upper part is polymer. Rear sight is adjustable. Trigger pull is typical Glock. A M19 magazine will enter frame and lock in. The .22 magazine is sturdy and robust and has a thumb button to lower follower and facilitate inserting cartridges. The new Glock impressed me. If accurate, it will make an outstanding field companion. I must have one. My shop received four, and I was told that none will be Blue Label.

Quote Originally Posted by Bere09 View Post
    I’ve removed the video regarding sanding the frame where the connector and trigger bar interact from YouTube because of their policies. PM me if you’re interested in viewing it.

Vending Machine Operator
    Poor willpower night. Didn't feel like waiting for the layaway period to be over. Finished paying off the 19.5, ordered a bunch of fresh 147-grain HST, and a Don Hume leather holster to boot.

Should be a fun February.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Willpower is way overrated but HST is recommenced DocGKR...

User Tag List