Page 262 of 346 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I'm not crazy with the "drive the dot" sight picture on the Gen5's. The front sight for the BOLD's is .200". The BOLD front sight for the Gen4's is .180". Does anyone know if I install a .180" front sight on my Gen5 if it will change the POA/POI to the tip of the front sight blade? Or will it make the POI too high?
    I don't like drive the dot either. On my 19X and G45 I just cannibalized standard Glock HD sets with .245 tall fronts. POI is just over the top of the front post.

Here I was holding the bottom of the credit card at 25 with the 19X in timed fire cadence

Attachment 35295

I threw one Mike
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm not crazy with the "drive the dot" sight picture on the Gen5's. The front sight for the BOLD's is .200". The BOLD front sight for the Gen4's is .180". Does anyone know if I install a .180" front sight on my Gen5 if it will change the POA/POI to the tip of the front sight blade? Or will it make the POI too high?
    Should raise the POI slightly less than 3" at 25 yards which I prefer. I run the Gen 4 height sights on all my Gen 5 Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    You would be surprised. I have been using Ameriglo Bold sights for more than a year now in my 7360 and its holding up just fine. Im actually pleasantly surprised.
    We got a bad batch of overly tight Safariland 7378 with a TLR1 using Gen 5 G17.

An officer brought me one and we used my piece and ran it through 4 different holsters.... well over 25 draws. I checked my front sight paint job.... still looks good.

I hope to qual with it on Friday.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I've seen plenty of people (some of whom I genuinely respect) say they don't mind the cut out, but I'm pretty sure I've never seen it enthusiastically embraced. Just wanted to confirm it wasn't a typo or something.
    No typo, you read it right.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    how is ejection on the glock 26 gen 5?
    No problem on mine. Ejection is strong, consistent and has never thrown it back at my face. Ejects much better than my old gen4 26.

TC, it will and it is what I run on all my gen5 guns.

Just curious if anyone else can feel the orange follower mags doing their thing under recoil?
    I've felt it with both my orange follower 45 and orange follower 26 mags.
    I shoot, it feeds, then I feel the magazine spring and rounds inside the mag rearrange themselves under recoil.
    I don't remember feeling this prior to the Gen5 mags.
    It doesn't do it all the time, and is usually when i'm about halfway through the magazine.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Just curious if anyone else can feel the orange follower mags doing their thing under recoil?
    I shoot, it feeds, then I feel the magazine spring and rounds inside the mag rearrange themselves under recoil.
    It doesn't do it all the time, and is usually when i'm about halfway through the magazine.
    I've not noticed this. However, I do have an orange follower mag that regularly fails to drop.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Yes. I've had the same sensation with the new production gen 4 magazines as well. Same magazines that will hold 18 rounds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

I’m still figuring out how to shoot, mind, but I have 0.180” high fronts on my G19.5, use a drive the dot picture and generally get PoI = PoA. 25 yd with LM 115, for an example.

Same close in. I can most times drill a 1” square at 5 yd; same sight picture.

I’ve heard it varies with person to person and gun to gun, but like I said, I’m pretty new to shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List