Page 205 of 346 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Is there a big enough difference in the gen 4 and 5 that a gen 5 wouldn’t work as a duplicate copy/training to a gen 4 glock 19? Or should I just get another gen 4?

I’d buy the plugs straight from Glockmeister with their sale running now. Shipping is normally only a few dollars so it would be cheaper than that Amazon link. The photo in the Amazon link also doesn’t show the company name on the bottom of the plug. Every Glockmeister plug I’ve ever had says Glockmeister on the bottom.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Is there a big enough difference in the gen 4 and 5 that a gen 5 wouldn’t work as a duplicate copy/training to a gen 4 glock 19? Or should I just get another gen 4?

IMO, no, there is not a big enough difference, but I mostly base my opinion on manual of arms, functionality, and feel. There are, however, differences outside of functionality that lead people to stay within the same generation for duplicates. Parts commonality, sights, and holster compatibility are a few of those differences.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’d buy the plugs straight from Glockmeister with their sale running now. Shipping is normally only a few dollars so it would be cheaper than that Amazon link. The photo in the Amazon link also doesn’t show the company name on the bottom of the plug. Every Glockmeister plug I’ve ever had says Glockmeister on the bottom.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Just grabbed one, total was $8.00 with shipping.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 10.24.59 AM.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  54.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Just grabbed one, total was $8.00 with shipping.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 10.24.59 AM.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  54.5 KB
    I just did the same. Ordered a few, one for my 19.5 and a couple spares for future Gen 5s. Also ordered a couple mag releases for my Gen 5 parts stash, just to maximize the shipping costs. Thanks for the heads up on the sale.
    Last edited by Blackbag; 04-18-2018 at 09:46 AM.

I got my Gen 5 19 back from Polymer Refined today and while I loved it before, I think it is absolutely perfect now.

I'm one of the few people that really liked the finger grooves on the Gen 4 19 (not so much on the 17) and was used to a stippled frame so the stock Gen 5 just felt too slippery for me.

I also really liked the cutout in the front of the Gen 5 since my fingers are long enough to wrap completely around, but it definitely was sharp in a few spots. Kent from Polymer Refined beveled the edges a bit so now I don't notice it is there unless I need to strip a mag.

I need to put a few more rounds through it before I'm ready to carry it, and I'm waiting on a new holster from Dark Star Gear, but this is everything I want in a Glock.

Name:  G5-19.jpg
Views: 3201
Size:  103.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I got my Gen 5 19 back from Polymer Refined today and while I loved it before, I think it is absolutely perfect now.

I'm one of the few people that really liked the finger grooves on the Gen 4 19 (not so much on the 17) and was used to a stippled frame so the stock Gen 5 just felt too slippery for me.

I also really liked the cutout in the front of the Gen 5 since my fingers are long enough to wrap completely around, but it definitely was sharp in a few spots. Kent from Polymer Refined beveled the edges a bit so now I don't notice it is there unless I need to strip a mag.

I need to put a few more rounds through it before I'm ready to carry it, and I'm waiting on a new holster from Dark Star Gear, but this is everything I want in a Glock.

Name:  G5-19.jpg
Views: 3201
Size:  103.9 KB
    That texturing looks very nice. I checked out their website and the prices are reasonable. Which texture is that? Puzzle Matrix? Is it too aggressive to carry IWB without an undershirt?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    That texturing looks very nice. I checked out their website and the prices are reasonable. Which texture is that? Puzzle Matrix? Is it too aggressive to carry IWB without an undershirt?
    That is the Puzzle Matrix texture. I think it would be OK for IWB with no undershirt, but I always wear an undershirt anyways so I might not be the best judge of that.

The price was very reasonable, and he had it back to me in 8 days including shipping time both ways. He also took a lot of time out of his day to answer questions for me and even did a few minor custom changes for me at no additional charge.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Has anyone tried to put a gen4 slide lever into their gen5?

I assume it won't work but I'd like a better alternative than just dremeling off the nonused ambi slide release. I know there will be one available on the market any minute now though.
    Bro maybe some of us ambi shooters might actually buy a Glock now. Kinda tired of ragging on em compared to HK P30 and Walther PPQ which I can minIPulate either release with either hand in shooting position. Nah Glocks still trash

Yesterday I shot a few magazines through a friends G17.5 set up with this kit from Taran Butler.

http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/...connector-kit/

It was the most wonderful aftermarket Glock trigger I have ever felt. I guess most of the one's I've tried on friends' guns were Zev triggers now that I think about it.

Smooth as could be and seemed to retain the rolling break thing while being a bit lighter. I wish I'd have my scale. 4.0 lbs would not surprise me. Pretty consistent through the full length of the pull. During slow fire, maybe just a slight wall to tell you your about to break the shot. I was pretty damn impressed. I'm not pushing it as a street trigger. I've no comment on that. But what a shooter!

I was wickedly impressed running it down a rack of plates. Especially SHO.

P.S. - I totally get the description of the softer recoil impulse of the G17.5 now.
    Last edited by JHC; 04-23-2018 at 06:49 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List