Page 240 of 346 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Damn it!! No more being the first to get a new variant. Jumped on the first gen 5 19 along with the 19x, would trade both for the newer versions. (I hate the cutout on the 19, and I’ll admit it, I like front serrations) Really wish they had a non-mos version.

I guess I could always get the mos but seems to be a waste if not using an optic.
    You could put your current 19 slide on a new one without the cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    You could put your current 19 slide on a new one without the cut out.
    Well I kind of like the FS as well. I may end up getting it down the road anyway just to have another one. Really no reason I can't use it without an optic but just seems like a bit of a waste. I currently have a 19 gen 4 w/ an RMR, FS as well so pretty set. However, I guess I could also have the option to use with the 19.5 and my 19x. Then again I prefer the slide to be milled with the RMR vs the plates. Always a compromise somewhere. I'm sure if I were to get an MOS, glock would than introduce one without the mos as an option.

Finally picked up a second G19.5 today. Feels great.

Trigger is a little stiff.

PS Kidding obviously:

https://www.alternateforce.net/bluegun-glock.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Trigger is a little stiff.

https://www.alternateforce.net/bluegun-glock.html

LOL

Nah, it'll wear in.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My G45 fits fine in the following holsters I've been using with Gen 3's and 4's.

1. DSG clip holster
    2. Milt Sparks 55BN
    3. FIST #1K
    4. Talon Tactical A10

The Sparks fit was the biggest surprise. I've got a few more but haven't gotten around to checking others.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

There are a lot of rumbles out there about Glock updating all existing Gen5 guns by removing the #&$@ magwell cutout, including the non-MOS 19. I’m hoping this is true, I’ll replace my 19.4 with one - and I hope they don’t universally add forward serrations. Has anyone heard anything concrete about these rumors?

If they are true, I plan on having my 45 direct milled for a RDS (I have high hopes for the ACRO) and will keep irons on the 19 - and will switch the frames and slides around as needed. These two would take care of the majority of my non-CCW needs.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 10-26-2018 at 08:25 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    There are a lot of rumbles out there about Glock updating all existing Gen5 guns by removing the #&$@ magwell cutout, including the non-MOS 19. I’m hoping this is true, I’ll replace my 19.4 with one - and I hope they don’t universally add forward serrations. Has anyone heard anything concrete about these rumors?
    I'd like to replace my 19.4 as well, but ONLY if it does have the front cocking serrations (and no cutout).

I just ordered a gen 5. I pray the cut out doesn’t bother me

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

If they are true, I plan on having my 45 direct milled for a RDS (I have high hopes for the ACRO) and will keep irons on the 19 - and will switch the frames and slides around as needed. These two would take care of the majority of my non-CCW needs.
    Just finished a Glock armorers course and the rep said he had it on good authority the cut out is going away. I like it so I plan on picking up one or two more before they’ve completely changed over.

Also, a little bird claims after SHOT we will see the 19 frame with a 17 slide. My guess is that’s the Glock 44

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post

Also, a little bird claims after SHOT we will see the 19 frame with a 17 slide. My guess is that’s the Glock 44
    I hope in a year or 2 we'll see sales figures that show what's more popular between the 17 frame/19 slide and the 19 frame/17 slide. I've seen it be a pretty polarizing debate on the interwebz, be cool to see some hard numbers.

User Tag List