Page 158 of 346 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    Gabe, did you experiment any more with the minus connector, or have you remained using the stock connector?
    Class this last weekend in McHenry was a great test for jumping right off a month and a half break and back into the Gen5, working with basically the same performance levels on ~7yd full-pace shooting that I was working with before with the lightly-tuned Gen3 G34.

I still feel like the trigger requires a bit more patience, which may translate into more time, particularly on harder shots than at 7 yards. However, the gun seems very mechanically accurate, which helps, and the challenge will be to press that trigger well, but with a steeper increase in pressure so it doesn't cost time. We'll see how that works out. Still need to try the Gen5 against the more difficult and varied target presentations of USPSA.

But for the full-pace shooting at 7 yards that we did a lot of in class, it was great. I was able to hit turbo on 6/8 test demos, which IIRC is as well as I've done with the 34. So I'm gonna keep sticking with stock for now.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    You think the coated internals on the 19x help at all? Slicking the action up a maybe?

Lgs said g26.5 should be in monday/tuesday. Pretty pumped to pick one up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry for the delay, I saw the question then forgot where I saw it. IDK. I'm not clear on what coatings are involved on what part. I was hardly interested in the 19X until just this day when I got one in my hands. It got my attention.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Sorry for the delay, I saw the question then forgot where I saw it. IDK. I'm not clear on what coatings are involved on what part. I was hardly interested in the 19X until just this day when I got one in my hands. It got my attention.
    Okay thanks. I remember hearing they had dlc coated trigger bars. But in the pics they do not look black? Figured two hard finishes would be less resistance than non coated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have dry fire 2 different glock 19 gen 5 and one had a distinct wall and the other had no wall just a rolling break they call it i guess. i did like the 19 that had the wall like my other glocks.

Site Supporter
    I ran my 19.5 at Gabe's class this last weekend and I think at my level of shooting I'd have been hard pressed to shoot much better with my G17 and any differences would be likely due to the larger grip of the 17/34 frame and not the sight radius. I even managed a few turbo runs on some drills. I very much suspect the gun is not my limiting factor.

Out of the box with the FBI sights, I'd have zero concerns about running a gen 5 stock at a high level.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I ran my 19.5 at Gabe's class this last weekend and I think at my level of shooting I'd have been hard pressed to shoot much better with my G17 and any differences would be likely due to the larger grip of the 17/34 frame and not the sight radius. I even managed a few turbo runs on some drills. I very much suspect the gun is not my limiting factor.

Out of the box with the FBI sights, I'd have zero concerns about running a gen 5 stock at a high level.

Easy for YOU to say. Turbo runs are a pretty high level of technical shooting my man. Very nice.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

While not a real high level and with a set of 10-8 sights I've easily shot high Bs and As on USPSA classifiers using an IWB holster. I agree that the Gen5s are plenty capable.

My 26 came in today and it has the new ejector and the trigger is real nice. It takes up just like the 19, but has a longer rolling break. I like it and suspect I will probably shoot it slow fire better than the 19.

The recoil spring is STIFF. It's marked 0-2-8, not sure if that's the same as always.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    While not a real high level and with a set of 10-8 sights I've easily shot high Bs and As on USPSA classifiers using an IWB holster. I agree that the Gen5s are plenty capable.

My 26 came in today and it has the new ejector and the trigger is real nice. It takes up just like the 19, but has a longer rolling break. I like it and suspect I will probably shoot it slow fire better than the 19.

The recoil spring is STIFF. It's marked 0-2-8, not sure if that's the same as always.
    A level is pretty high...my on demand classifier performance is in the high B low A range for sure.

I am curious, were you able to get to the bottom of your issue with your G19s trigger?

A level is pretty high...my on demand classifier performance is in the high B low A range for sure.

I am curious, were you able to get to the bottom of your issue with your G19s trigger?

Some of the guys I shoot with are Ms and GMs. I'll feel like I smoked a stage and be all smug until the scores are posted and they beat me by a couple of seconds.

Yeah, my trigger bar was shedding the plating. I sent all the metal guts to Robar and had 'em plated in NP3. All is right with the world again.

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Called around today to track down a G26.5. One store said “They’re not released to the public yet, sorry”. Lol.

I located another store (Shooters World Tampa) that has them in stock at a Eye-watering $699. The better news is they are getting one for their rental range possibly Monday.

Question: these don’t come with a mag with a pinky extension, do they? Just three 10 Round Flat floorplate one’s, right?

I saw on Brownells I think a Glock +2 extension; carrying 12+1 in a extended mag with a Gen 5 trigger seems like a good thing.

ETA: Found it:

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...prod71424.aspx
    Last edited by RJ; 01-25-2018 at 12:54 PM.

User Tag List