Page 102 of 346 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    Please don't take this as trolling, I am really curious if anybody heard anything if a gen 5 G26 being released? Or should I just suck it up and buy another G19..
    As noted Glock has stated the next two Gen5's will be the 26 and 34. No time frames were given but SHOT or NRA show 2018 would be good guesses.

Just wanted to add a data point. I ran 250 rounds through my 19.5 yesterday and as others have said the cutout isn't a factor. The flared magwell that I thought was going to interfere with my grip actually makes it stronger. Absolutely impressed with the feel under recoil on the pistol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    So now that I've got the G17/G19 gen 5 duo in my hands I can say with certainty that the scallop is a non issue on the 17 but a real annoyance on the 19, hopefully I wont notice it after running the first few hundred, not much more to add till I get at least a thousand cases on the deck, I see what everyone is saying about the trigger and all that yep it feels like a good street trigger out of the box, reset remains stronger than anything else out there with a click so pronounced you can hear it in the next room, I expect they will both run like glocks, the only curiosity for me will be this new barrel and tighter lockup, the P320 and APX have both been lasers out of the box compared to my previous gen glocks all with stock barrels so if it pulls even with them and the VP9 I'll be well stoked.

BTW I have the fed contract sights, .125 orange front on both.
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the 5th gen glocks. They have always been reliable etc etc, but lacked in the accuracy department compared to other pistol I own and carry, IE the 320 and APX, you and I have been travelling the same road for a while...

I'm not saying I am a crack marksman of anything, but my 5th Gen G19, runs with my 320 and APX with ease. I could pull some good accuracy out of my other glocks, but it took more work on my part than other platforms. With the 5th Gen, I can run it with out having to do anything extra on my part. I have quite a few years carrying glocks, and the 5th gen feel like a more refined version. It still has it quirks, and Glock may be slow, but at least they are headed in the right direction.

FWIW the cutout doesn't bother me at all on the 5th gen either, due to the flare of the mag well. I hated it on the 2nd gen guns, and was the only reason I moved all of mine out. It has been a non issue with the 5th gens. That was my only initial concern when I first saw them. It has been put to rest, and I'm calling the 5th Gen GTG.

The top was at 10 yards and the bottom was about 15

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 11-03-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Couple questions:

I’m about to get my Gen 5 G19, and am now looking for the usual accessories. Apologies if a I missed it but generally do the Gen 5s fit in Kydex holsters made for the Gen 4?

(I would like to track down a used lefty open top range holster for USPSA, and I wanted to submit a WTB thread, but I doubt there’d be many LH Gen 5 holster options yet.)

Second, been asked already but I did not see an answer: Do the Gen 4 / previous 10 round mags work about as well in Gen 5s?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Couple questions:

I’m about to get my Gen 5 G19, and am now looking for the usual accessories. Apologies if a I missed it but generally do the Gen 5s fit in Kydex holsters made for the Gen 4?

(I would like to track down a used lefty open top range holster for USPSA, and I wanted to submit a WTB thread, but I doubt there’d be many LH Gen 5 holster options yet.)

Second, been asked already but I did not see an answer: Do the Gen 4 / previous 10 round mags work about as well in Gen 5s?
    Fit varies by individual holster pattern, but generally an open top OWB will accommodate a G5. If not, a little filing on the right side of the holster to make room for the ambi slide stop should make it fit. My mom nderstanding is that mags interchange, with the caveat that the G5 baseplates may not work on earlier Gen 26 magazine bodies without insertion issues.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Another 400 rounds down the pipe of my 17.5 this morning, bringing the round count to 2625 since 1 September. I continue to be impressed with this handgun.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Just wanted to add a data point. I ran 250 rounds through my 19.5 yesterday and as others have said the cutout isn't a factor.
    For those who find the cutout to be an issue on the 19.5, Pearce makes a mag extension that “fills in” the cutout. Not sure how it works but it’s out there. Glockworks has them in stock for about $9 an extension.

Questions for the folks that have been running the Gen 5 17s...do you still get Glock knuckle if you don't undercut the trigger guards with the Gen 5s?

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    Questions for the folks that have been running the Gen 5 17s...do you still get Glock knuckle if you don't undercut the trigger guards with the Gen 5s?
    While the full size gen4's never really gave me Glock knuckle like the 19's did, my 19M/gen5 is significantly better for not causing Glock knuckle as bad.

No doubt influenced by Gabe, my wife became very interested in the G5 17/19 this week. Put 250 rounds through my 19 yesterday, and a similar amount through the 17 today. No stoppages, good ejection and excellent shooting performance. I am $1,200 worse off now, thanks to friend Gabe.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List