Page 289 of 346 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    RE: Post 2936.
    No, I meant the half-moon shaped front-strap cut-out (used to more easily strip a mag out) as on the early G19&17Gen5 guns, which are also on the 17M & 19M guns, but no longer on the latest G17&19 front slide serration Gen5 guns.
    Oh, that.
    Don't even notice it, whether it's there or not.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Vending Machine Operator
    Finally getting my first Gen5, I had previously ordered a G45 but had to cancel the order.

Getting a G19.5 with Ameriglo Bold sights, front serrations, and no little half-moon cutout on the grip.

Pretty excited to have a G19 back in the fold.

I mostly live in M2.0 world these days, so this wasn't a need purchase, just a want purchase. I'd like to see how I shoot with the Gen 5 barrel + trigger
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 12-25-2019 at 01:53 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Finally getting my first Gen5, I had previously ordered a G45 but had to cancel the order.

Getting a G19.5 with Ameriglo Bold sights, front serrations, and no little half-moon cutout on the grip.

Pretty excited to have a G19 back in the fold.

I mostly live in M2.0 world these days, so this wasn't a need purchase, just a want purchase. I'd like to see how I shoot with the Gen 5 barrel + trigger
    Did you order that or find it at a LGS? I’ve been lazily looking for one to go with my 19.4 and 45. I only have 431 rounds through my 45 but I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Did you order that or find it at a LGS? I’ve been lazily looking for one to go with my 19.4 and 45. I only have 431 rounds through my 45 but I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ordered through Bud's
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I had a bit of free time over Christmas so I decided to get some dry fire reps in with my carry G19X. Unloaded the gun and threw in a snap cap just cause. First trigger pull was pure crunch and felt awful. I just dry fired and shot it last week and all felt normal (I think). Did a few more reps and it started to get better but not by much. I immediately decided to do a thorough detail strip and cleaning since I am close to 5k on this one. Stripped the frame and cleaned out all the gunk and reassembled. Noticed a bit of flaking on the trigger bar and polished it out a bit. I then detail stripped and cleaned the slide.
    Reassembled the weapon but I could still feel a noticeable hitch before the break. Plus it lost that "roll" I normally get on my other Gen 5 guns. Broke the frame down again today and decided to try replacing parts to get it back to normal. First I switched my slide to a frame that I know "feels" right, So That ruled out any of the slide parts. I then jumped into the frame with basically a complete frame parts kit hoping to chase down the offending part. I got lucky I think and only swapped out the trigger bar first and reassembled. so far at about 100 dry fire reps through out the day today it feels like it did when I first bought it.
    My training 19X has probably 7-8k on it and almost never cleaned and it's trigger is still just like it was from the factory with a smooth roll into the break as well as both of my G45's. I guess it's the luck of the draw type of situation on the plating. I love that I can fix damn near everything on Glock's on the cheap and easily (cost me $9.00 for the Gen 5 trigger bar.) The fact that it can happen kinda bums me out though. Ordered a few more spare parts today... just in case and still only ran me less than $50.00 shipped.
    Last edited by CDFIII; 12-26-2019 at 06:23 PM.

^That mirrors my experience with Glock going back 20 years to Gen5.

The triggers go to shit sooner than later and the gun basically needs rebuilt to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    ^That mirrors my experience with Glock going back 20 years to Gen5.

The triggers go to shit sooner than later and the gun basically needs rebuilt to fix it.
    Throwing $25 at each gun every 5000 or so rounds to keep an ideal trigger pull feels like scheduled maintenance, not a rebuild.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I guess that's the beauty of a cheap gun with cheap parts!

I've been wondering about the expected lifespan of the connector. Sure, I've never heard of one breaking, but it is a spring, and it is flexed every time the slide is cycled. Duing Glock armorer courses, is there any mention of connector lifespan?

I still think there would be a strong market in DLC treated OEM Glock parts...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List