Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Beretta 92X Centurion.

  1. #1
    Member Trooper224's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    S. Central Kansas

    Beretta 92X Centurion.

    Yesterday, I got my hands around one of these at the local Cabela's. I also handled the base model LLT Elite 92 at the same time. Honestly, if Beretta had introduced the 92X before i bought my Wilson CenTac, I don't think I could have justified the $350.00 difference on the Wilson. The base model LTT was priced at $999.00 and offers a similar value to the 92X. Admittedly, I chose the CenTac because it was available now and locally. If the basic LTT had been on the local shelf, I would have bought it instead. The only real difference between the 92X Centurion and the CenTac is the latter's tritium front sight. That can be remedied with an aftermarket purchase well below the price difference. Unless you're opting for an additional action job or NP3 coated parts, all of which I put in the "nice to have but not mandatory" catagory, the 92X family steals a lot of thunder from the competition, especially from Wilson. The base model LTT is a nice pistol in its own right, at a commensurate price point that makes it a direct competitor to the 92X. However, while my CenTac is a nice piece and one I don't intend to get rid of, you're paying a lot for a name that really doesn't seem to be justified.
    Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding.

  2. #2
    Site Supporter JSGlock34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Another 92 variant to keep an eye out for is the M9A1 LE model (JS92M9A1M24LE). This variant has a Vertec slide with night sights. Available from Bud's or G&R Tactical and others for $640-660. I'd still prefer a LTT, but this is probably the best bargain available if you don't like the Vertec frame.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    I was impressed with the 92X Centurion G as well when my LGS had one. Its a bit duplicative with my M9A3 and my LTT with trigger work, but I was impressed!

    Most notably, honestly, was the grips. Those new pattern grips had deceptively great purchase for such an understated design.

    Great to see Beretta still focusing on the venerable 92 series. Their own internally specd products are finally catching up to their collaborations.

  4. #4
    Member Trooper224's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    S. Central Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoldie00 View Post
    I was impressed with the 92X Centurion G as well when my LGS had one. Its a bit duplicative with my M9A3 and my LTT with trigger work, but I was impressed!

    Most notably, honestly, was the grips. Those new pattern grips had deceptively great purchase for such an understated design.

    Great to see Beretta still focusing on the venerable 92 series. Their own internally specd products are finally catching up to their collaborations.
    I was also surprised at the purchase the new grips provide.

    One has to wonder how happy this makes their collaborators.
    Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding.

  5. #5
    Site Supporter GreggW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Wichita Gun Club had a 92x a couple weeks ago. If I remember correctly it was a Centurion. Not sure if they still have it. Was priced just under $800.
    If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Wichita Gun Club had a 92x a couple weeks ago. If I remember correctly it was a Centurion. Not sure if they still have it. Was priced just under $800.
    Not to mention G configuration and target crown

  7. #7
    I just got a 92X Centurion and installed a TJIB (with the new Langon trigger bar) in it. It took a little bit of work to get the trigger bar to fit correctly (at first it had difficulty when firing DA, but I took Ernest's advice to use a stone and not a file to adjust it and that worked well). It is now a very sweet pistol. It was quite nice off the shelf, but the TJIB has made the trigger a thing of beauty--extremely smooth and pretty light. The SA currently breaks at 3.25 lbs, and a few thousand rounds should get that down to 3. The SA reset is like that on a good 1911--very short and crisp.

    The barrel is also accurate. My first five shots at 25 yards were all in the black on a B8 target, and my second were a 2.5 inch group. I suffer from aging eyes--my guess is that those of you who can still see at 25 yards would be able to do considerably better.

    The grips are good. They fill my hands a bit more than LTT thin groups do, but I found that worked, and I liked the texture.

    I think Beretta has a winner here--especially if you add Langdon Tactical's TJIB upgrade.

    Can you imagine if all of these improvements had been available in the early 90's?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NW Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I suffer from aging eyes--my guess is that those of you who can still see at 25 yards would be able to do considerably better.

    The grips are good. They fill my hands a bit more than LTT thin groups do, but I found that worked, and I liked the texture.
    Regarding the aging eyes - I've handled most of the various Beretta offerings in the gun stores, and it seems to my aging eyes the 92X orange dot is less visible than even the simple white dot on a 92FS. Anybody else with old eyes with a yay or a nay on my perception.

    Regarding the grips - are you using the traditional 92 grip module or the Vertec grip?
    Last edited by JTQ; 09-09-2019 at 12:06 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Regarding the aging eyes - I've handled most of the various Beretta offerings in the gun stores, and it seems to my aging eyes the 92X orange dot is less visible than even the simple white dot on a 92FS. Anybody else with old eyes with a yay or a nay on my perception.

    Regarding the grips - are you using the traditional 92 grip module or the Vertec grip?
    For whatever reason I see the orange/red better than I do a white dot.

    The 92X Centurion has Vertec grips, which I like somewhat better than the normal grips. I can use either without problem, though.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NW Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    For whatever reason I see the orange/red better than I do a white dot.

    The 92X Centurion has Vertec grips, which I like somewhat better than the normal grips. I can use either without problem, though.
    Thanks for the feedback on the sights. I'll do some more experimenting.

    I'm surprised to hear the 92X Vertec grip fills your hand more than the LTT with the traditional M9/92 grip frame?

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •