Page 72 of 346 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

That is hot. I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Because those manuals are routinely not made available to the general public for one reason or another. Also, there's the whole copyright thing. Having said that, if there is a particular manual you are looking for, let me know. I might know a guy that has a (almost certainly out of date) version.
    These are the ones that were done by private individuals and placed in fan sites.

I so want an ACTUAL H&K VP9 Armorer's Manual but I don't see that happening.

Heck, CZ offers damned good Armorer's Manuals on their pistols. I think H&K *should* do likewise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Saw this tonight at my local ZSA match...guy I know from the matches is shooting it and said said it's the HRT version of the 19M? It's got extended slide releases, Ameriglo's and a FDE frame. Never seen one of these!

Attachment 20243
    He's correct. HRT went to FDE Glocks. SWAT uses BFG and everyone else uses black.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    He's correct. HRT went to FDE Glocks. SWAT uses BFG and everyone else uses black.
    So it's a status thing? Wonder why either wouldn't use the 17M instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Picked up my G5s today from the stippling dude I use. Same texture that's on my PX4s. The G4s/G5s aren't bad in the texture department but anything can be improved. Had him do a full stipple, radius/slight undercut on the trigger guard (no more Glock knuckle) and I also had him radius the sides of the trigger guard/stipple underneath. I pinch the trigger guard hard with my support hand index finger and over several hundred rounds the 90 degree angle of the trigger guard beats up my index finger knuckle. No more! Also had him stipple the frame bump all the way to where the slide rides. I apply a lot of downward pressure with my support hand thumb when shooting to fight muzzle rise. Some stipple jobs only stipple the sides which doesn't do me any good because I press down on the angled portion on top of the frame bump. Not doing anything else to these particular G5s aside from the future SCD. They are good to go for me as-is, which is really saying something. I'm impressed.

Attachment 20167

Attachment 20171

Attachment 20172

Attachment 20173
    I need this for my g19s...

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    So it's a status thing? Wonder why either wouldn't use the 17M instead.
    Lol! As it was explained to me, the color system makes life easier for the gunsmiths to know whose weapon they're working on. I'm with you though... I think they just need a way to recognize each other in the hallway when wearing street clothes. Previously they had the 1911 as an exclusive.

They also have 17M's. I imagine the individual gets to choose which they want or perhaps they get a 17M and 19M?

The good news for everyone is the Gen5 should be available in the other colors.

Lol! As it was explained to me, the color system makes life easier for the gunsmiths to know whose weapon they're working on. I'm with you though... I think they just need a way to recognize each other in the hallway when wearing street clothes. Previously they had the 1911 as an exclusive.

They also have 17M's. I imagine the individual gets to choose which they want or perhaps they get a 17M and 19M?

So, with the black ones, they drift the rear sight right, while they leave alone the FDE pistols, since those guys will be shooting a long gun anyways. Do the green ones get that grip sleeve thingee, that was recently posted about here?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The mystery to me is why Glock thinks the 'M' guns need a different roll mark than the GEN5 when the only difference appears to be the coating used on the internal parts.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So, with the black ones, they drift the rear sight right, while they leave alone the FDE pistols, since those guys will be shooting a long gun anyways. Do the green ones get that grip sleeve thingee, that was recently posted about here?
    Lmao! I suppose that's possible. Never looked that closely. The grip sleeve from Warren Tac is a user preference. One of their SWAT guys explained to me that it's approved for them and HRT. They fall under SOU for weapon related stuff. Regular agents are under DSU which has not approved for the masses. There are likely other members here closer to that world who might be able to shed more light.

Site Supporter

My understanding is the green ones had minus connectors. Consolation prize for giving up the 1911s....

User Tag List