Page 260 of 346 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    OD, FDE, Grey (including LAV) have been Lipsey exclusives
    BFG has been an Amchar exclusive

I wouldn't hold my breath on RTF2 in a Gen4 or Gen5 format.
    I’m not clicking “like” on your post because it makes me sad. Lol!

How about the 17L in a Gen 5 or colored frame? Other than RTF2 guns it’s my only Gen 3.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=El Cid;844475]I didn’t know that. Thanks.

The tan (FDE) and Gray have been Lipsey’s exclusives but the LAV editions may be someone else. If only we could get them to work together I could have a Gen 5 RTF2 G34 in something other than black

I may be confusing Linsey’s and Davidson’s but Davidson’s is their wholesale competitor and has their own exclusives.

PensFan
    [QUOTE=HCM;844488]
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I didn’t know that. Thanks.

The tan (FDE) and Gray have been Lipsey’s exclusives but the LAV editions may be someone else. If only we could get them to work together I could have a Gen 5 RTF2 G34 in something other than black

I may be confusing Linsey’s and Davidson’s but Davidson’s is their wholesale competitor and has their own exclusives.
    Mostly what I've seen Davidson's do is send guns to cerakote shops to cerakote frames, slides, and barrels.

Grabagun already has gen 5 g19 and g17 in fde and grey frames.

This came today. I ended up selling my G48 and buying this instead. I’ve been wanting to buy another 19.5 (my current “back-up” 19 is a Gen3), but I may end up making this one my primary. I like the trigger much more than my early 19.5. Now I need to order a set of BOLD sights and another SCD.

Good looking gun, TC! I wish Glock would have continued with the slide treatment. I do enjoy the frame and slide on my 19X. Oh well, I'll still probably pick one up. I am glad to see they are still doing the cut out and no slide serrations.
    Last edited by EJO; 02-18-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    This came today. I ended up selling my G48 and buying this instead. I’ve been wanting to buy another 19.5 (my current “back-up” 19 is a Gen3), but I may end up making this one my primary. I like the trigger much more than my early 19.5. Now I need to order a set of BOLD sights and another SCD.

I was issued a G17 Gen5 today for duty. The Glock night sights are not my favorite. I painted the rear tritium dots with flat black paint. I ordered a grip plug to clean up my mag changes. I removed the sharp edge on the front strap cut out.

What BOLD sights you going with?

I shot a Gen4 G17 last week with Ameriglo Hacks.....I did not think I would like them but they were fast. 25 and in are a plus, but beyond that.... it will be hard to be precise.
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 02-18-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I was issued a G17 Gen5 today for duty. The Glock night sights are not my favorite. I painted the rear tritium dots with flat black paint. I ordered a grip plug to clean up my mag changes. I removed the sharp edge on the front strap cut out.

What BOLD sights you going with?

I shot a Gen4 G17 last week with Ameriglo Hacks.....I did not think I would like them but they were fast. 25 and in are a plus, but beyond that.... it will be hard to be precise.
    https://www.gtdist.com/glock-amerigl...ht-sights.html

I really like these. I preferred Heinie Straight 8’s for a long time, but my vision isn’t what it was 5 years ago, and I’ve found that the orange front sight really helps.
    Last edited by TC215; 02-18-2019 at 10:54 PM.

I have the Hackathorn’s with the orange front sight on a G43 that I really like. I recently purchased a G5 G 19 with Glock night sights that I really like as well. Also picked up a G 45 at the same time. I put on a set of Trijicon HDs with the green dot. They hit about 5 inches high at 25 and I had to file down the rear sight. Like the hackathorns the best of the group. The g5 trigger was a big upgrade over my g4.

Thanks for the link TC, just ordered a couple more sets.

User Tag List