Page 316 of 346 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I’ve had this happen with two 17.5 non MOS guns. The trigger bar seems to be the culprit but I can’t figure out why. My 45 MOS is starting to do the same thing. I’m going to put an Apex trigger and connector in it that I have sitting around and run it for awhile. I’m not a big fan of the wide Apex trigger shoe but I want to see if the trigger bar holds up.
    I can tell you that I've put just north of 20,000 rounds downrange through Gen5 G17 pistols with Apex triggers and trigger bars in them with absolutely no change in the behaviors of the pistols.

I think we are in the process of discovering that the Gen5 Glock pistols have some issues that Glock hasn't fully worked out yet. They look like older Glocks, but in reality they are a completely new product and there are going to be some issues.

Typical to Glocks, however, the issues are really quiet because people don't talk about them. And when they do get discussed, the issues are often dismissed in the moment only to be acknowledged much, much later. Today, for instance, lots of people will acknowledge that 3rd generation Glocks in .40 had boatloads of problems. During the time when they were happening, however, I lost track of how many names I was called for pointing out the issues I was encountering and that others like BeatTrash and Chuck Haggard (both stellar individuals who are honest to a fault) were reporting.

Glock is being more responsive and isn't threatening to sue anyone who reports issues (yes...they actually did that before), which are encouraging signs. That said, they aren't exactly being forthcoming about problems that they are recognizing either. As an example, I'd really like to get an updated locking block that resolves barrel support issues in the Gen5 guns. But there's no chance in hell Glock would even acknowledge the existence of such a thing even though I know for a fact it exists.

So some things never change...
    Last edited by TCinVA; 11-22-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    3/15/2016

I’ve had this happen with two 17.5 non MOS guns. The trigger bar seems to be the culprit but I can’t figure out why. My 45 MOS is starting to do the same thing. I’m going to put an Apex trigger and connector in it that I have sitting around and run it for awhile. I’m not a big fan of the wide Apex trigger shoe but I want to see if the trigger bar holds up.

I think Apex uses stock trigger bars.

I had the plating flame on my 19 trigger bars so I had ‘em done in NP3 and it didn’t make any difference. I’m thinking it’s something with the striker channel liner.

I had a 43 flake and fail to reset and NP3 did fix it. Still carry it every day.

And to answer the question, all my triggers are stock. Polishing gun parts, Glock trigger parts in particular, is a huge pet peeve of mine. I don’t do it.

I WANT a stock Glock trigger but I haven’t had one hold up for very long, going back to a Gen3 RTF2 17 I put three trigger bars in before I gave up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Well here I am again with a Gen5 17 with a trigger that is totally going to shit at about 2K rounds.

My early Gen5 19s did it.

I am just not understanding what the hell I’m supposed to be doing with these things.

The gun has never been detail stripped, is not particularly dirty, has always been well lubed with Slip 2000 EWL, and has not been abused or even ran hard.

I let a guy that works for me use it to prep himself for a handgun license and I pulled my nearly new spare out of the safe to use. It has a delicious trigger. The other one is at probably 7lbs and has a distincticve, audible hitch before the break and gritty creep.
    That sucks. I remember your first go-around on this.

I don’t know what you think of this guy, but I found his video helpful in assessing the triggers on my Glock’s. I dunno but maybe there’s something helpful in here?

The trigger on my 6,500+ round 2017 purchased G19.5 is ‘ok’. I’ve had aftermarket parts, but now running all OEM. I use Slip 2000, and a very very small amount of grease (a teeny bit) at the trigger bar to connector vertical contact area.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I think Apex uses stock trigger bars.

I had the plating flame on my 19 trigger bars so I had ‘em done in NP3 and it didn’t make any difference. I’m thinking it’s something with the striker channel liner.

I had a 43 flake and fail to reset and NP3 did fix it. Still carry it every day.

And to answer the question, all my triggers are stock. Polishing gun parts, Glock trigger parts in particular, is a huge pet peeve of mine. I don’t do it.

I WANT a stock Glock trigger but I haven’t had one hold up for very long, going back to a Gen3 RTF2 17 I put three trigger bars in before I gave up on it.
    It doesn’t bother me too much that I’ve experienced a few issues with Glock triggers. What does bother me is I can’t figure out what causes it. I don’t think I’ve owned a 1911 that I didn’t tune the trigger on at least a little.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I’ll add the LTT I own now doesn’t have the smoothest trigger. I believe the trigger bar has a lot to do with that. As soon as they are back in stock I’ll add an OP trigger bar and I fully expect that to fix the issue. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad gun.

I think being a bit of a 1911 fan has made me a little more sensitive to how triggers feel.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Did I ever tell y’all about my Gen 5 Glock trigger fix? I think I posted it here. @karmapolice did you ever try it out? Did it work for you?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Did I ever tell y’all about my Gen 5 Glock trigger fix? I think I posted it here. @karmapolice did you ever try it out? Did it work for you?
    Tease.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’ll add the LTT I own now doesn’t have the smoothest trigger. I believe the trigger bar has a lot to do with that. As soon as they are back in stock I’ll add an OP trigger bar and I fully expect that to fix the issue. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad gun.

I think being a bit of a 1911 fan has made me a little more sensitive to how triggers feel.

I’m a long time 1911 guy too but this trigger has gotten difficult to use and completely different from my near new 17 that was bought at the same time, and they both felt the same then.

I had a trigger start to degrade at around 3500 rounds. I swapped the firing pin safeties around between two pistols and it went back to like new without negatively affecting the other pistol. That is all I know. There was nothing obvious other than some flaking on the FPS due to a solvent being applied. I have since not used the solvent again and haven’t had an issue.

What counts as the trigger actually "degrading"? Most Glocks I've shot for several thousand rounds have a change in the way the trigger feels. I always attributed it to the contact parts just wearing in. I've never seen a connector flake or anything. I have seen the firing pin safety plunger have the nickel plating flake a bit on a Gen 3 17 I had, but it never lead to any problems and didn't progress past a certain point.

User Tag List