Page 307 of 346 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    If one was to inquire, Glock would likely do what Glock has always done and insist there's no problem and won't give any specific guidance on fixing the issue they won't acknowledge unless someone is holding a contract requirement over their head like the sword of Damocles.
    You're limp-wristing it or you put it together wrong. Only possibilities, as anything else wouldn't be Perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    So DLC coated internals and now new locking blocks, the question is why does Glock get a pass for Gov. vs commercial components while Sig gets disparaged?
    At least with Glock, the roll mark makes it plain. Now why it's so difficult to sell "M" guns to the masses is a question I'm not competent to answer, but there's no secret that M guns are different then 5 guns. With the P320, there's no such model differentiation. Additionally, parts wearing faster then expected and impacting accuracy sucks, but it doesn't suck as much as shooting yourself in the dick with a dropped gun that the company insists is drop safe. Even when it's shot other people in the general groinal region.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would try it. I had an optic like that where the screwed touched the rod pushing on the extractor, and got stoppages.
    We may have a winner. Taking the optic off and looking at the screws, the one on the side of the plunger has quite a shine to it. Live fire remains to be seen, but it is functioning fine with snap caps now.

While we're complaining about gen5's...

Anyone else had their barrel exterior rust?

Finally got out shooting for the first time in a couple months. Fired the chambered round and the mag of carry ammo. At slidelock, I noticed a few not insignificant patches of rust along the barrel, all around it. Hasn't been exposed to rain since before it's last cleaning and oiling in late May. Guess the SE Texas humidity and my sweat is just too damn corrosive. My gen3's have never been this sensitive this though.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    We may have a winner. Taking the optic off and looking at the screws, the one on the side of the plunger has quite a shine to it. Live fire remains to be seen, but it is functioning fine with snap caps now.
    You should be able to mount the optic on the slide with the Extractor and spring removed and look down the channel to see if the screw protrudes into it... Grind down the screw until it no longer does and you should be good to go.
    And maybe check the spring and plunger for any damage as well since you were shooting it a bit.

Regarding the revised locking block... does anyone know more about this?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    While we're complaining about gen5's...

Anyone else had their barrel exterior rust?

Finally got out shooting for the first time in a couple months. Fired the chambered round and the mag of carry ammo. At slidelock, I noticed a few not insignificant patches of rust along the barrel, all around it. Hasn't been exposed to rain since before it's last cleaning and oiling in late May. Guess the SE Texas humidity and my sweat is just too damn corrosive. My gen3's have never been this sensitive this though.
    Not the exterior, but I’ve had a chamber rust.

I took a gen5 19 to Austin Texas for a week long trip last year (In August). I carried it concealed in a IWB kydex holster. Carrying in this manner in humid environments can cause condensation to form within the gun at times.

I discovered I was having rust form inside of the chamber. I noticed it when the case of the chambered round had rust on it. With a bright light, I could see a spot in the chamber that had rusted. I contacted Glock and sent pictures. They replaced the barrel without any hassle.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Not the exterior, but I’ve had a chamber rust.

I took a gen5 19 to Austin Texas for a week long trip last year (In August). I carried it concealed in a IWB kydex holster. Carrying in this manner in humid environments can cause condensation to for within the gun at times.

I discovered I was having rust form inside of the chamber. I noticed it when the case of the chambered round had rust on it. With a bright light, I could see a spot in the chamber that had rusted. I contacted Glock and sent pictures. They replaced the barrel without any hassle.
    I suspect Glock's new finish is a whole lot like the nitrocarburizing that's being done by S&W on their M&P pistols. Perhaps even by the same sub contractors. (Who do loads of industrial finishing for all sorts of industries) and like the M&P it will probably result in the occasional corrosion issues that crop up on batches or particular parts that weren't properly prepped.
    3/15/2016

I worked 17 years in Miami in hot, humid and swampy / marine environments and my Gen2 and 2.5 guns never exhibited any issues. I'll be very disappointed if my Gen5 G26 does not give satisfactory performance after all the hoopla.

(I will say that the other Gen5 features, thus far, have not disappointed.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I suspect Glock's new finish is a whole lot like the nitrocarburizing that's being done by S&W on their M&P pistols. Perhaps even by the same sub contractors. (Who do loads of industrial finishing for all sorts of industries) and like the M&P it will probably result in the occasional corrosion issues that crop up on batches or particular parts that weren't properly prepped.
    I’ve been told the new Glock finishes are VERY much like the finish used by S&W on their M&P’s. But I can’t verify that.

When I looked into the chamber of the barrel in question my first thought was that something happened during the process that cause a spot to not be coated.

The issue was annoying. The important thing to me was going to be how Glock addressed the issue. They shipped a replacement barrel under warranty, within 24 hours of receiving my barrel. I can’t complain about that!

I still have that Glock 19. And since my interaction with Glock customer service, I’ve bought 2 x G19.5’s, one G45 and one G43X.

Well, speaking of Gen 5 wear, it occured to me I have some pictures of my barrel of my early pig nosed Gen 5 19.

Here are the two shots, December 2017, about 170 rounds in:

Name:  IMG_1436.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  51.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1437.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  37.6 KB

And I just took these today, September 20, after approximately 6,400 rounds:

Name:  IMG_7522.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7523.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  81.5 KB

User Tag List