Page 278 of 346 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I just jumped onto the gen5 G17 train, super pumped!! Got a set of factory glock night sights to run for awhile as they work well for me. For those who use the factory plastic sights I used to turn the rear sight around so it was flat black and it worked fairly well against the white dot front. This gen5 feels amazing in my hands, can't wait to warm it up!!

Have the non-cutout/FS G19s hit most dealers yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, with front serrations and the other G45 updates.

Maybe this has been mentioned as I haven’t read every post - but at a Glock armorer class last week we were told the Gen 5 guns now have the same coatings as the “M” guns. Anyone compared the two?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Maybe this has been mentioned as I haven’t read every post - but at a Glock armorer class last week we were told the Gen 5 guns now have the same coatings as the “M” guns. Anyone compared the two?
    If this is true, bravo to Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That would be great! Unfortunately trying to get a straight answer out of Glock is like herding cats...

I'm not a fan of the slick Gen 5 finish... I much prefer the nPVD finish, like on the silver 43x/48.

What's a good aftermarket slide coating to add some grippiness?
    Last edited by CalAlumnus; 09-30-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    I just jumped onto the gen5 G17 train, super pumped!! Got a set of factory glock night sights to run for awhile as they work well for me. For those who use the factory plastic sights I used to turn the rear sight around so it was flat black and it worked fairly well against the white dot front. This gen5 feels amazing in my hands, can't wait to warm it up!!
    Dang that is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Dang that is a great idea.

Thanks, it works really well for free. If they were steel sights it wouldn't be bad to leave that way! I've put around 300 rounds through my 17 now, problem free. I installed the factory glock tritium 3 dots after the first 50 rounds and they shoot to poa so I am happy there like I imagined. My focus for the rest of this year is to shoot this pistol and my M4A1 carbine clone and only those for proficiency and skill growth.
    Last edited by Fordtough25; 10-01-2019 at 06:52 AM.

User Tag List