Page 238 of 346 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Just curious what are the specs on the Dawsons?
    .125 rear
    .105 front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PensFan
    I’ve shot the Ameriglo U and Bold a LOT. My issue with the Ameriglo U is that the U is cut too deep. Compared to the trijicon HD XRs which is cut just deep enough for the front sight dot to rest in the notch. I prefer the Trijicon HD XRs only for that reason.

Given the choice of Ameriglo’s l prefer the Bold rear with a .125 x .180 front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the U for fast sight pictures. But have been more accurate with the square notch. I agree with the “locking in” the sight picture

Glock 19.5 MOS

I like it.

Name:  19mos.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  101.9 KB
    Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  74.8 KB
    Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  93.8 KB
    Name:  Attachment-1.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  94.3 KB
    Last edited by Craig@SSD; 10-04-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    CraigR@ssdinternationalinc.com / 407-410-6914 Option 1 / About Us

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    .125 rear
    .105 front

What height front sight are you using on your gen 5?

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    What height front sight are you using on your gen 5?
    .235 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    .235 I believe

Thank you. I'll have to try my .235" again, it seemed to shoot low for me when I tried them the first time.

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

My Glock 19.5 after the second day of Gabe’s class this past weekend. This was after 400-500 rounds Sunday.

Approximately 2,600 rounds through the gun since Nov. Stock, except for a SCD, Dawson FO Fronts, Defoor Steel rears, a OEM plus sized Mag Release, and a Glockmeister plug. Shoots PoI=PoA if i do my job out to 25y. Cleaned after every Range session (uh, ok, mostly).

0 malfunctions.

Last edited by RJ; 10-05-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Stopped by LGS and they had two G5 MOS 19 pistols. Triggers were very good and excellent on the second pistol, with its trigger as good as on any stock Glock trigger I have felt. I grabbed it so I can switch parts between it and my various 19X pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

17.5 Review

I spend a lot of time anguishing over correct night sights, and wanting a U-notch for the new blaster.

Finally saying, "The hell with it," I bought a set of Truglo Tritium Pros. I confess I wasn't overly fond of the 3-dot system, but I did want to try something new.

I needn't have worried.

I tested out five carry loads, from Barnes 115 grainers to Winchester RA9B.

The general trend of the results were:

The 17.5 showed no real preference for any one loading. The inconsistencies were driven by one old, myopic shooter.

The sights were easy to pick up and reasonably fast. At ten meters, the shots were more or less two inches high, and that translated into roughly four inches high at twenty-one meters.

There were some standouts: The best showing of the test was two rounds of RA9B into a half inch, before human error expanded it to two and half inches

The Remington 124 grain +P Black Belt shot exactly to point of aim at 21 meters, generating a two and one group. This was a pity, since two of the rounds were almost on top of each other. The other round opened the group to three inches.

The only stoppage in the test was a round of WWB that peeled its brass back from the bullet upon chambering. Suffice to say I used some unsporting language while clearing it. It's hard to blame Glock for a Winchester error.

User Tag List