Page 188 of 346 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

S/N ranges?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Interesting. My carry gun has a BFKE serial number with 2957 rounds through it. I have not had any trigger binding issues but I hadn't thought to check what putting pressure on the right side slide release would do. I bought mine on Labor Day weekend. My newer training gun has a BGPN serial number. I've only got 200 rounds through it so I'll keep an eye out for any changes.
    @M2CattleCo what were the serial number prefixes of your two guns that had the issues?
    Both of mine are in the BGF range (laugh all you want). So far, no problems at all, that weren't caused by the loose nut behind the trigger.

Interesting. My carry gun has a BFKE serial number with 2957 rounds through it. I have not had any trigger binding issues but I hadn't thought to check what putting pressure on the right side slide release would do. I bought mine on Labor Day weekend. My newer training gun has a BGPN serial number. I've only got 200 rounds through it so I'll keep an eye out for any changes.
    @M2CattleCo what were the serial number prefixes of your two guns that had the issues?
    I don't know what they were but they were from one of the first runs. I bought them in August.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Same here

Plus some very experienced people have said in the past that they wait a year or two till all the flees have been worked out.
    Might as well jump in. Glock has issues all the time.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    This stuff is why I am waiting...
    We're getting a lot of issued guns hitting 2k-5k rounds now with zero issues.

If you want one, buy one, and leave the guts alone. "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Just an update on my issue, I have either solved it or delayed it from happening again for a while.

In my case, I noted that light pressure upward on the right slide release lever eliminated the ‘hitch’. I did this with the tip of a knife inserted while the trigger was pressed:

Conversely, pressing ‘in’ on the slide release really bound up the trigger press. So it seemed my problem was definitely related to the trigger bar rubbing/pushing on the slide release. Why this seemed to happen only after a minimal round count I’m not sure (820 in my case).

Anyway, I decided to see if I could address this myself by removing a slight amount of material in this area, providing enough of a clearance to allow the two parts not to bind.

After very gently honing both areas with a mild abrasive and a lubricant for a few minutes, the ‘hitch’ was 99% eliminated. I sluiced out the parts with bore cleaner and relubed the area. Now, the press is sufficiently smooth so as to roll from initial contact all the way to the break.

I’ll keep any eye on this as round count builds.

My pistol has the original unbeveled frame under the front of the slide. I wonder if the updates Glock did to the frame to align them included an adjustment to the frame so as to allow the trigger bar additional clearance?

This tells me that the Gen5 is not the same gun as the M. The M was supposed to be the most tested handgun adopted by the feds. That's why I felt jumping in at first was a good idea. I thought my issue would be rectified by better plating on the small parts since that was supposedly the only difference between the 5 and the M.

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    This tells me that the Gen5 is not the same gun as the M. The M was supposed to be the most tested handgun adopted by the feds. That's why I felt jumping in at first was a good idea. I thought my issue would be rectified by better plating on the small parts since that was supposedly the only difference between the 5 and the M.
    Could be.

Could also be lot to lot variation on an unnoticed and unintended contact area.

Sometimes weird stuff happens during manufacturing that the design team isn’t disclosed on (the “I only added a comment card!!” issue from days of FORTRAN).

Or the design tolerances somehow shift over time and use/round count, and a binding issue shows up.

I dunno. Be interested to see if anyone with a new Gen 5 can replicate a binding trigger with pressure on the right slide release.

Out of interest I’m a lefty, and use that lever all the time to lock back the slide. Hmm.
    Last edited by RJ; 03-05-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    What do you mean by “the same.” Same name, same exact design, same exact frame mold, same exact manufacturing line, or something else?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I haven’t heard of any differences between the M guns and the Gen5 guns besides the coating on the fire control parts and the roll mark on the slide. I also jumped in early because of how thoroughly the M guns were tested by the FBI and other agencies.

Counting the guns mentioned here, I’ve heard of this issue happening 5 times on a couple of forums and there are a ton of these guns out there. It might just be a tolerance stacking issue on a small amount of guns, or it might be a systemic issue in some of the early runs that led to a rumored molding change.

I don’t remember, @M2CattleCo did you contact Glock when the issues manifested in your guns? If so, what did they say?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What do you mean by “the same.” Same name, same exact design, same exact frame mold, same exact manufacturing line, or something else?
    I haven’t heard of any differences between the M guns and the Gen5 guns besides the coating on the fire control parts and the roll mark on the slide. I also jumped in early because of how thoroughly the M guns were tested by the FBI and other agencies.

Counting the guns mentioned here, I’ve heard of this issue happening 5 times on a couple of forums and there are a ton of these guns out there. It might just be a tolerance stacking issue on a small amount of guns, or it might be a systemic issue in some of the early runs that led to a rumored molding change.

I don’t remember, @M2CattleCo did you contact Glock when the issues manifested in your guns? If so, what did they say?
    Maybe it was wrong, but others and I thought that the Gen5 was the same as the M with the exception of the plating on the internal parts.

I did contact Glock. They wanted the whole pistol and all mags and wouldn't pay for shipping. Talked to them twice, two different people.

User Tag List