Page 268 of 346 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Yes, I was motivated by the AmeriGlo sights, the lack of cutout and less than 100 rounds through it for $500. I'll shoot it again with my neighbor, a retired State Trooper and see what he thinks. I'm new to firearms so each time out is a learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Mine shot low as well, until I replaced the sights. After some research about the factory sights and I don’t remember the exact details I read that a lot of the Gen 5 shot low with the rear being 6.1???? Mine was that. If the MOS option was available when I got mine no doubt I would have went that route.
    Correct.

Site Supporter
    Sorry if this was answered earlier in the thread.

Is there any reason to pay the extra money for Gen 5 Mags over the Gen 4? $5 a mag is a lot when buying in bulk.

This is going to be for a Glock 45. Thanks!
    Last edited by Guinnessman; 06-19-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post

Is there any reason to pay the extra money for Gen 5 Mags over the Gen 4? $5 a mag is a lot when buying in bulk.

I find Gen 5 mags much harder to seat on a closed slide when full. I much prefer older Gen mags. Gen 5 baseplates are nice though.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post

My opinion is "no", the Gen5 mags are not worth $5 more.
    Prudent shopping is always advised.
    Gunmagwarehouse https://gunmagwarehouse.com/brands/glock currently has the Gen5 mags the same price as the older versions at $24.99, which may be beaten at the right time and place, depending on sales, shipping, availability, of course.

I found the Gen5 floorplate to be of minimal use should I need to strip out a mag; I found the orange-colored follower to be of no use as the follower soon gets dirty and dark, plus my mags are always loaded anyway, which covers up the follower.
    Last edited by L-2; 06-19-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    Thank you for the replies!

FYI I just found Gen 5 Mags at GT Distributors for $21.99 and in stock. Brownells has the same price on Gen 4 Mags, but they are back ordered.

My goal is to stock up in 2019 since it’s not an election year.

Does anyone know if the breech face ejection aid notch is present (or will be in the future) on the non-MOS models?

I have seen a couple of MOS G19s that have the notch but I haven't seen a "standard" version that does.
    Last edited by Crow Hunter; 06-21-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Does anyone know if the breech face ejection aid notch is present (or will be in the future) on the non-MOS models?
    If they've found it aids ejection, I wonder if it would appear on other generations still in production such as the Gen 3 and Gen 4 guns?

The only “standard” version I’ve seen with the notch is the G45

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Excellent news.

I've been wanting to buy another Gen5 G19. But after shooting my G45, I am holding off until I can get a Gen5 G19 without the frame cutout, as well as the grove cutout in the slide that the G45 has, that aids in ejection of the cases.
    Without going though all 270 + pages of this thread, could someone explain the groove cutout in the slide, thar Beat Trash was talking about in the quote, or better yet show pics? I haven't been following this thread very much, so, I'm a bit behind the curve..I've got a new Gen5, G19 that has probably less than 500rnds on it, I've had for about a year, now. Was thinking about taking it for a spin, and see how she does..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-21-2019 at 02:07 PM.

User Tag List